Home

Offline Roster Management for CFM Franchise

This is a discussion on Offline Roster Management for CFM Franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2021, 03:37 PM   #1
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0
Offline Roster Management for CFM Franchise

Walk with me and hear me out.

Imagine you've been playing with Franchise after Franchise like I do, pre-patch. Just playing with different teams. You often download the new roster, modify it to your desire, create your player, trade players at will then start up a Franchise.

Let's say you're not at home, you're at work. Now someone like me who has some downtime can log into Madden website or wherever it's hosted and manage their offline rosters to have everything facilitated right when they get home. All they need to do is spark up the console, start up a franchise, load their rosters and boom. Don't need to spend time at home doing so before starting a Franchise.

Wouldn't this be a great idea? I honestly think this would be an absolute game changer. Something no sports games have right now. Let it soak in for a minute.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2021, 04:15 PM   #2
Rookie

Connolly22's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Offline Roster Management for CFM Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god

Imagine you've been playing with Franchise after Franchise like I do, pre-patch. Just playing with different teams. You often download the new roster, modify it to your desire, create your player, trade players at will then start up a Franchise.

Let's say you're not at home, you're at work. Now someone like me who has some downtime can log into Madden website or wherever it's hosted and manage their offline rosters to have everything facilitated right when they get home. All they need to do is spark up the console, start up a franchise, load their rosters and boom. Don't need to spend time at home doing so before starting a Franchise.

Wouldn't this be a great idea? I honestly think this would be an absolute game changer. Something no sports games have right now. Let it soak in for a minute.
I agree. I would love to be able to see league stats and stuff like that via an app on my phone. Depth chart adjustments, free agency, stuff like that would really be awesome
Old 09-22-2021, 04:34 PM   #3
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connolly22
I agree. I would love to be able to see league stats and stuff like that via an app on my phone. Depth chart adjustments, free agency, stuff like that would really be awesome
Right? I noticed each time prior to starting a Franchise, i'm spending almost an hour if not hours just doing roster management. Doing this anywhere via cloud management then coming home to have everything ready to start Franchise would be total game changer.

Who could I bring this up to? Anyone know of direct message to EA Dev Team?
Old 09-22-2021, 07:36 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Would totally pay extra for this...and the ability to export all the stats/data to Excel or something for nerd purposes...
Old 09-22-2021, 10:06 PM   #5
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god

I'm confused. You want online access to a file that only lives on your console's hard drive, and your console itself isn't necessarily connected to the internet?

The idea of a roster editing web-app has been discussed in the past for the NCAA Football games, but obviously any implementation would require internet access and a place for the file to live online, making it an online feature.

Not opposed to be clear, I just don't understand lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2021, 02:39 AM   #6
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Sounds like a more interactive version of mymadden, daddyleagues or gamerhuddle.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2021, 08:32 AM   #7
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Have you tried remote play? You can mess with your franchise and roster files all you want when you are not home. That is what I do.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 09-23-2021, 02:26 PM   #8
Pro

MattyIce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
Have you tried remote play? You can mess with your franchise and roster files all you want when you are not home. That is what I do.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

This has been a lifesaver for me. My wife watches TV while I manage my franchise from my iPad using remote play so that I don’t have to waste time when I’m actually “playing” and she doesn’t have to complain about me spending 4-5 hours a day on there playing. The most time I spend on this game is front end roster setup and cfm setup. Once that is done it’s pretty smooth sailing playing game to game week to week. Maybe only 10-15 min spent editing equipment for my next opponent

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »