Home

2021-22 Roster Update PS3

This is a discussion on 2021-22 Roster Update PS3 within the College Hoops 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2021, 09:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
2021-22 Roster Update PS3/RPCS3

!!!!!All teams and players are updated for the 2021-22 season!!!!

This is an extremely accurate roster file with a lot of thought and hard work put into it, we hope you enjoy it and let us know down below what teams you’ll be using this year. Always love hearing from people and to know that the countless hours spent creating these teams doesn’t just go to waste. Also drop us a like and feel free to share it so more people know this game is alive and well.

System: PS3 (can be decrypt for RPCS3) (Unfortunately NOT AVAILABLE for XBOX)
Game: College Hoops 2k8
Roster name: Roster 2021-22 All Teams v2
Player to check: Jacob Falko - Binghamton (Am East conf) - rating: 70

Dec 12th UPDATE:
Improved: Arizona, Iowa St, Wyoming, San Fran, Monmouth, Creighton, Air Force, Cincy, Wisconsin, Minnesota, USC, DePaul, Providence, Seton Hall, St Johns, Washington St, Saint Marys, Florida, South Carolina, Baylor.

Declined: Memphis, Maryland, Oregon, Mich, Az St, Pitt.

Jan 22nd UPDATE:
Improved: Auburn, Miami
*Updated about 25 smaller schools court colors.

Feb 6th UPDATE:
Improved: Binghamton, Hawaii, Chattanooga, UNC Wilmington, Boise
*Updated about 15 smaller schools court colors (that should be just about all of them correct now).

Feb 17th UPDATE:
Added missing players and small improvements to: Florida A&M, Bryant, BYU, Missouri St, Liberty, Morehead St, Jackson St, Utah Valley State, Howard, Western KY, Furman, VMI, Eastern Michigan, Akron.

Roster Team: Myself (Kramer242 on Discord), I played for Binghamton Univ (we stink in the game) and spent a year in the 76ers front office and Adam7610 is a sports journalist and covers bball amongst other sports.

Roster Notes:
Rotations are set for every team. Players were given a free Covid year and so I used the year they are listed in Athlon magazine, I also used Lindys magazine and the Barttorvik website to come up with player ratings. I paid close attention to every players 3 point % and so that is especially accurate for every player, hard to gauge freshman sometimes.

We used the original base roster which Phil had edited coaches up to the start of last year, I edited the coaching changes up to the start of this season and some courts have been updated as well. This year’s roster file includes no broken names or spelling errors (which haunted us in the past).

In addition to each players overall rating we tried to get there playing style as well. We got each players position, height, weight, skin color and hair correct. We did not get their hometowns, that takes too long. I also removed all red shirts because that is becoming a thing of the past and takes too long to track down for each player. Each team is 11-13 players deep.

Rough ratings guide:

All Americans: low 90’s
Power Conf 1st teamers: mid-high 80’s
Power Conf 2nd teamers: mid-low 80’s
Power Conf 3rd teamers: low 80’s

Power Conf starters good teams: high-mid 70’s
Power Conf starters on bad teams: mid 70’s-high 60’s
Power Conf backups: low 70’s-mid 60’s

Mid Major All Conf players: 80’s
Mid Major starters: high-mid 70’s

Small conference All Conf players: mid-low 70’s
Small Conf starters: high-mid 60’s

*There are exceptions and we went by Lindy’s conference rankings to determine conference rankings. Players that shot over 40% or close to have the 3 point icon.

4 teams were changed from the original game because those teams are no longer in D1. All courts, colors and players changed for those teams, but uniforms remain from the old school.

Savannah St now Grand Canyon
Louisiana-Calcutta now South Dakota
Winston-Salem now UMass Lowell
Bethune-Cookman now Bryant
*I know Bethune is D1 still, but they were changed.

Housekeeping items:

Feel free to join the College Hoops 2k8 Discord and join our ongoing convo about the game.

Also, we’re still looking for 1-2 people to join the multi-player legacy league starting in mid-November, if interested leave a comment or send me a DM. We pass the legacy back and forth via a USB just like we do the roster file, its easy and a fun way to keep the game alive with others.

Attached is my conference realignment guide (directions are in column a of that document).

How to save/load the roster file:

On your USB create a folder called PS3, inside that folder create a folder called SAVEDATA. Once you download and unzip the roster file move that folder (called BLUS….) inside the SAVEDATA folder. Plug your USB into your PS3, then before starting the game and on the PS3 home screen click on “Save data utility”. You will see your USB, click on it, then “copy” to roster file from your USB to your PS3. Then load the game and the roster file will load automatically, if it doesn’t then you can load it yourself from inside the game. The whole process should take less than a minute.

Troubleshooting: It’s your USB, format it and/or get a different one. I promise it’s your USB. The file is not corrupt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Illinois.jpg (139.3 KB, 3006 views)
File Type: jpg Gonzaga.jpg (126.0 KB, 3035 views)
File Type: jpg Duke.jpg (110.7 KB, 3032 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip ConfRealignment21:22GUIDE.xlsx.zip (215.4 KB, 1613 views)
File Type: zip BLUS30078-ROS-1-5A11120C2D.zip (3.91 MB, 1576 views)

Last edited by traveltall; 02-17-2022 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Updated edits for some teams/courts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2021, 09:10 AM   #2
Just started!

Re: 2021-22 Roster Update PS3

The most genuine appreciation I can convey to you, is this message, therefore I'm typing it, all the while knowing it's minuscule, in comparison to what you guys deserve, for the time and effort that's put in for us to enjoy the game. Loved last years and can't wait for this one as well. I wish I could contribute to this worthwhile cause. Thanks!!!
Old 10-04-2021, 11:52 AM   #3
Just started!

How do you install this on the ps3 emulator?
Old 10-04-2021, 07:37 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzi
How do you install this on the ps3 emulator?
It can be done, I've not done it, but someone posted this the other day and was able to get the rosters on RPCS3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_Zd2OC5pwg
Old 10-06-2021, 12:13 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 21

You guys are awesome! Keeping these games alive!

I'm currently working on a much smaller-scale 'College Hoops 2K5' update for ps2 with about 60 schools and 300 players updated.

Treyz
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2021, 04:29 PM   #6
Just started!

Domination110's Arena

I think this is so cool but how do you update/add these rosters to your ps3?
Old 10-07-2021, 12:02 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domination110
I think this is so cool but how do you update/add these rosters to your ps3?
To get the roster onto your PS3. Download the roster onto a USB.

On your USB make a folder called ‘PS3’ then in that folder another called ‘SAVEDATA’ then put the roster file ‘BLUS30078-ROS...etc.’ into that folder.

Eject you’re USB properly and plug it into your PS3. When your are on your PS3 home screen (not in the game yet) go to ‘Save Data Utility’ you’ll see the USB listed, click on it and select the roster file then click ‘Copy’. Fire up the game and the roster will load automatically and if not then load them from inside the game.

If problems arise, its your usb, format it then try again or get a different usb.
Old 10-07-2021, 12:03 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyzAllDayz
You guys are awesome! Keeping these games alive!

I'm currently working on a much smaller-scale 'College Hoops 2K5' update for ps2 with about 60 schools and 300 players updated.

Treyz
Bruhhh help us with PS3 not PS2 lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters »