Home

FIFA 22 First Impressions (PS5) - Pleasant Surprise So Far

This is a discussion on FIFA 22 First Impressions (PS5) - Pleasant Surprise So Far within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 09-23-2021, 04:11 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
FIFA 22 First Impressions (PS5) - Pleasant Surprise So Far

It's always nice getting my hands on FIFA 22 early and this year was no exception....

Written By: Kevin Groves

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2021, 06:39 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 22 First Impressions (PS5) - Pleasant Surprise So Far

I'm playing on the One X, but my first impressions are also really good.

The one thing that may take some getting used to is the Pro cam for playing. I started using this in 21 and kind of grew to love it. It's a more close up version of End to End. But in 22, the way the camera swings feels way off, and I'm not sure I will stick with it.

It's not a big deal, because the default cams are all great. But I really like the feel of playing with that camera, when the transitions from player to player and from pass to pass happen more smoothly.

I'm really looking forward to the Volta stuff. I'm not sure I'm as excited about their need to make everything style, but if it is fun, I'll give a try.

I'm probably going to pre-ordered the vanilla XB1 version. I have no idea when I will get a Series X.
Old 09-23-2021, 06:56 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7
Those are PS5 graphics?! *TERRIBLE. *Looks like 2 gens ago.
Old 09-23-2021, 10:11 PM   #4
Rookie

ecantona9's Arena

I am enjoying the game, but I also enjoyed the beta. Coming from a strictly PES player I enjoy the slower pace. I can see the variety in playing styles slightly.

I am playing on the Xbox Series X, so I think the graphics are great. I can tell they toned the ping pong passing down from the beta and defending is slightly easier. I even saw the CPU crossing the ball, but I haven't really seen the long shots.

I do wish playing defense was easier and there were more fouls.

So far so good...
Old 09-24-2021, 02:09 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

Is CPU's defense better? How's overall gameplay, very fast or? Is it trash like Fifa 21?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2021, 02:26 AM   #6
MVP

I think the game is very good but probably not different enough from '21 to justify a purchase from me.

Career mode literally hasn't been touched, and I play that almost exclusively. The gameplay is a little smoother, and there are some nice new animations. Some little bits and pieces are still a little glitchy or funky - like lobbed passes - but they'll be ironed out no doubt.

The CM defensive issues are better but still entirely fixed. The same goes with the AI crossing. You see them occasionally now but still get relentless dribbling in obvious crossing situations from time to time.

'21 was good, and '22 is a little better. If '21 was a 7/10, '22 would be a 7.5. Personally, I'm not spending £60+ for such a marginal upgrade, but it definitely is an upgrade.
Old 09-24-2021, 03:56 AM   #7
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Playing on PS5 and the first thing I noticed from last year is the speed difference. The game is a lot slower and you have to finally play a semblance of “real football” against the AI

Also, the graphics and presentation in this game are unmatched to any sports game out there. How anyone can say this game looks bad or the presentation isn’t up to snuff is beyond me. Playing a champions league game at the Etihad is a thing of beauty. I was in awe at the graphics and the crowd immersion

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-24-2021, 09:21 AM   #8
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
This sounds good enough for me.* I have zero faith in Konami getting a proper next gen version together any time soon, and I need a footy game in my life.

I honestly enjoyed my offline experience with FIFA 21, so if this is better than that I can't complain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »