Home

Roster Editing Patch Needed For NEXT-GEN

This is a discussion on Roster Editing Patch Needed For NEXT-GEN within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2021, 02:06 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Exclamation Roster Editing Patch Needed For NEXT-GEN

I was editing for CelticLG's ATD Roster file. And someone in the discord pointed out that in last-gen games you can add 3 positions to every player. I was blown away at that revelation & immediately downloaded the game to have a look for myself & i'll be damn! You go to the edit screen and there's a Position - Secondary Position - Tertiary Position!

The possibility of adding a 3rd position to players adds way more flexibility to rotations as far as the computer is concerned. I'd love to play a game & see Lebron play minutes at the SF, PF & PG and just have a variety of lineups get used because of the availability of players playing more than the 2 assigned positions. KD played minutes at the 5 last year. PJ Tucker getting to guard everyone cuz he's available at the PF, C & SF. The Kings during Media discussed playing Fox, Mitchell/Heild, Haliburton lineups with the current construction you'd never get that to play out in a game.

How did this not make it into next-gen!?

on top of that for the roster creators, last-gen has access to ALL the badges in the quick edit menu.

i wish i could just give someone a call & get this plugged into the game immediately! lol....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2021, 02:12 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Roster Editing Patch Needed For NEXT-GEN

2 different studios handle the game now

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2021, 03:06 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGsoGood
2 different studios handle the game now

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk
i have a hard time believing that it wasnt just an oversight. these games are way more similar that the previous games that had 2 diff versions. my hopes aren't high that it will be fixed, cuz lazy.. but 2 diff studios aint cutting it for me..
Old 10-06-2021, 04:27 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

Walkerdonald,

Could you walk me thru how you got the auto generated rookies to show 3 positions on next gen as I started a MYNBA and auto generated them then went into editing them but I only see the two positions available. If you have the ability to take a video or screenshot showing this, would you mind uploading it?

Last edited by pjt8405; 10-06-2021 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-08-2021, 01:46 PM   #5
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerdonald22
I was editing for CelticLG's ATD Roster file. And someone in the discord pointed out that in last-gen games you can add 3 positions to every player. I was blown away at that revelation & immediately downloaded the game to have a look for myself & i'll be damn! You go to the edit screen and there's a Position - Secondary Position - Tertiary Position!

The possibility of adding a 3rd position to players adds way more flexibility to rotations as far as the computer is concerned. I'd love to play a game & see Lebron play minutes at the SF, PF & PG and just have a variety of lineups get used because of the availability of players playing more than the 2 assigned positions. KD played minutes at the 5 last year. PJ Tucker getting to guard everyone cuz he's available at the PF, C & SF. The Kings during Media discussed playing Fox, Mitchell/Heild, Haliburton lineups with the current construction you'd never get that to play out in a game.

How did this not make it into next-gen!?

on top of that for the roster creators, last-gen has access to ALL the badges in the quick edit menu.

i wish i could just give someone a call & get this plugged into the game immediately! lol....

I’m on current gen, but you’re actually opening the Edit Player screen for individual players and looking at Vitals, right? I ask just because IIRC the third position is not visible in Quick Edit, even on current gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »