Home

Why is QB play so bad?

This is a discussion on Why is QB play so bad? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2021, 03:35 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Why is QB play so bad?

AI qb play in madden has never been great. It's always been pretty close to robo qb since... forever.

However in the last two years I don't know what they did but they have really killed the AI's ability to play QB that is anything close to realistic unless you're playing an elite qb, and even that is iffy.

Specifically I'm talking about AI qbs who either backpedal 10-15 yards until they get sacked, or scramble (super effectively i might ad) as soon as their first read isn't open, but never slide and you have to force yourself not too hit stick them into a fumble.

I feel like this started in madden 20 or 21. What did they change to cause this?

Anyone got any good sliders for better ai qb play?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2021, 04:38 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Why is QB play so bad?

I know exactly what you mean. It's been this way for last few years. The big update last week seemed to fix it and Brady (Field General) was stepping up in the pocket instead of doing the constant back up until sacked. When they released the emergency patch it feels like it has gotten worst then what we was already use too. Maybe just me but the players seem faster like back in the day when we could adjust the game speed. Me personally would rather be slowed down so the animations can develop.
Old 10-21-2021, 02:08 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

I’ve only been on next gen for a few games but I played the Steelers in my last game and Ben blew me away with how he avoided pressure in the pocket and made multiple correct reads and corresponding throws based on pressure and playcall. He did a whole bunch of cool stuff I never saw qbs do on last gen. So idk.
Old 10-21-2021, 03:14 PM   #4
Rookie

mszczesny's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
I’ve only been on next gen for a few games but I played the Steelers in my last game and Ben blew me away with how he avoided pressure in the pocket and made multiple correct reads and corresponding throws based on pressure and playcall. He did a whole bunch of cool stuff I never saw qbs do on last gen. So idk.

Yea i agree. Qb play on next gen is pretty good actually. They scramble move around in the pocket and throw it deep taking a few shots a game. No complaints on next gen

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-21-2021, 03:36 PM   #5
Rookie

I'm trying to get next gen but way hard to find. Hopefully I'll be the lucky one's that Sony is doing next month.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2021, 04:30 PM   #6
Rookie

I am still testing, but I think changing traits and ratings for the QB does help a lot with the problem of too many sacks.

I also am about to start experimenting with usering a low rated member of my DL and not using special moves - allowing the other better defenders to use their ratings and SS abilities to get to the QB naturally.

Ensure Sense pressure for the AI QB is Paranoid.

And edit the ratings for BCV and BSK are slightly tweaked enough so that Pocket QB/Field Generals are turned into Improvisers.

It sucks to have to do that sort of this sort of thing- but it's one way of helping the problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »