Home

2 things i want as a Hardcore offline franchise player

This is a discussion on 2 things i want as a Hardcore offline franchise player within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2021, 11:17 PM   #1
Banned

Housh123's Arena

OVR: 0
2 things i want as a Hardcore offline franchise player

A stare down mechanic. I should be able to highlight a WR and to that ONE WR i have 90-100% pass accuracy no matter that QB. The catch is if he isn’t open i have to press another button to kinda undo my highlight. Before that undo the other WRs on the play should not be able to be passed to.

Second is a coverage guess mechanic. I should be able to guess coverages AND audibles pre snap. If someone goes cover 3 and i guess it i should see the defensive play art. If someone does an audible i should see the audible if i guess right. This one would apply to online as well. If someone is spying a LB or containing a LE and i guess right i should see the play art and it should show the play art on D and it locks them in, meaning If i guess right they can’t just undo it, they are stuck calling that play.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2021, 01:21 PM   #2
MVP

Gritblitzer's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: 2 things i want as a Hardcore offline franchise player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
A stare down mechanic. I should be able to highlight a WR and to that ONE WR i have 90-100% pass accuracy no matter that QB. The catch is if he isn’t open i have to press another button to kinda undo my highlight. Before that undo the other WRs on the play should not be able to be passed to.

Second is a coverage guess mechanic. I should be able to guess coverages AND audibles pre snap. If someone goes cover 3 and i guess it i should see the defensive play art. If someone does an audible i should see the audible if i guess right. This one would apply to online as well. If someone is spying a LB or containing a LE and i guess right i should see the play art and it should show the play art on D and it locks them in, meaning If i guess right they can’t just undo it, they are stuck calling that play.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
The first thing you mention reminds me much of the old quarterback vision cone. I used to like it, although a lot of people disliked it. I think it was like Madden 07 or 08? I could be off. Anyway, it was an awesome feature and really separated great and veteran quarterbacks from young "so-so" quarterbacks even when being usered.
Old 10-25-2021, 01:47 PM   #3
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I think a mechanic to simulate QB awareness that's not necessarily a vision cone. But here's what I think would work. A QB sees his receiver icons either faster or slower based on awareness. For example a guy like Tom Brady would have his pop up immediately but a rookie with 65 awareness would have a delay and when they're visible of like 3 or 5 seconds. You can still throw it at anytime but you have to remember which player is which icon until it comes up. That would be a game changer that into hardcore players would like I would think.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Old 10-25-2021, 11:22 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
I think a mechanic to simulate QB awareness that's not necessarily Okion cone. But here's what I think would work. A QB sees his receiver icons either faster or slower based on awareness. For example a guy like Tom Brady would have his pop up immediately but a rookie with 65 awareness would have a delay and when they're visible of like 3 or 5 seconds. You can still throw it at anytime but you have to remember which player is which icon until it comes up. That would be a game changer that into hardcore players would like I would think.

I like this idea. 3-5 seconds seems super long, but like where your heads at with the idea. I'd also advocate to switch the receiver buttons around too.
Old 10-26-2021, 10:04 AM   #5
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickda55
I like this idea. 3-5 seconds seems super long, but like where your heads at with the idea. I'd also advocate to switch the receiver buttons around too.
Actually now that I think about it, it should be reversed. The icons should disappear quicker as the play breaks down. This would force users to make quicker reads or force passes to receivers they stare down since you would lose track of which icon is which.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2021, 10:47 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Actually now that I think about it, it should be reversed. The icons should disappear quicker as the play breaks down. This would force users to make quicker reads or force passes to receivers they stare down since you would lose track of which icon is which.

I really like this idea. If I can offer my own spin on it, I would suggest that after you snap the ball, only the icon for your primary receiver should appear at first. Then after a second the second read should appear, then the third, etc.

That could simulate how less experienced players or less aware players are learning to go through their reads.

Thoughts on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-01-2021, 11:27 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbattisti
I really like this idea. If I can offer my own spin on it, I would suggest that after you snap the ball, only the icon for your primary receiver should appear at first. Then after a second the second read should appear, then the third, etc.

That could simulate how less experienced players or less aware players are learning to go through their reads.

Thoughts on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, but depending on the skill level qb's should he able designate who the 1st, second, third receivers are presnap.
Old 11-01-2021, 02:42 PM   #8
Rookie

Dagan's Arena

My two things would be

A. Allow me to update to live/actual rosters during my already started franchise (offline). The trades happening in real life suddenly make my game world less than authentic. I know nothing will ever be perfect, but it'd be nice to have the option to try keeping it real.

and/or

B. Allow me to select use of all 32 teams with instant ease. It was many moons ago, but one version of Madden was as simple as check the box, if you wanted to control that team. It took less than a minute. Obviously, being able to do this would allow A to happen, but it'd allow for a ton more options, as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »