Home

Offseason Roster

This is a discussion on Offseason Roster within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-27-2021, 06:29 PM   #1
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
Offseason Roster

INFO

PSN Addy81

V1.2 is up now

Transactions up to November 26 Lineups and rotation projected up for all 30 MLB teams and empty slow guys only on class A ready to swap 40 Mans also only have players on current 40 man

So after 2 years of having the show 20 I have finally retired that game and moved onto MLB 21 it was half price in the PS Store I couldn't resit that.

I am going to be working on a weekly off season roster after the world series with transactions and job 1 is to move all the free agents out of there teams

going to update contracts and service time as well.. I did this last year and came in handy to use for MLB 20 again this year. going to use the base of Ridin rosters from Sep 6th I think was the last one I got in the vault.

I just pray and hope Y2Y saves are back in next year again. to transfer it over seeing as the Cleveland Guardians are coming in as well that will be a instant buy regardless of Y2Y saves to upgrade it.

But I am assuming that MLb 22 won't be out till April. seeing that looks like the new time it comes out now not March so that is a good 5 months away so the plan will be to make a roster to get everyone by till then.

Last edited by ninertravel; 11-29-2021 at 12:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2021, 05:18 PM   #2
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Re: Offseason Roster

I have started moving free agents around and because of the stupid system (which I wish they would fix one day) of having to swap a player out for another I am noting down in my notes who that player is out of the boomers and Mid century teams ( I am assuming most of these guys are fake players) I just wish we could simply release a player to free agents and not have to swap them with another this make it a pain in the arse. Also another pain is you can't edit free agents. so I can't edit the service time till they sign with a team I wish I had edited them before I started.

I am thinking of naming them Empty slot or something like that. but I have notes in my phone of what the fake players name is that can be swapped when teams actually start singing free agents in a couple of weeks.

I have not moved the club options player yet I will just keep them on their teams till that is sorted as well.

Last edited by ninertravel; 11-01-2021 at 05:22 PM.
Old 11-05-2021, 04:49 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
I have started moving free agents around and because of the stupid system (which I wish they would fix one day) of having to swap a player out for another I am noting down in my notes who that player is out of the boomers and Mid century teams ( I am assuming most of these guys are fake players) I just wish we could simply release a player to free agents and not have to swap them with another this make it a pain in the arse. Also another pain is you can't edit free agents. so I can't edit the service time till they sign with a team I wish I had edited them before I started.

I am thinking of naming them Empty slot or something like that. but I have notes in my phone of what the fake players name is that can be swapped when teams actually start singing free agents in a couple of weeks.

I have not moved the club options player yet I will just keep them on their teams till that is sorted as well.
I remember you could do that in MVP 05, where you can swap a player with an "empty spot" as long as the roster wasn't at its maximum.
Old 11-07-2021, 04:35 PM   #4
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

So I have got about half the teams done (and been trying to keep on top of transactions too)

I maybe getting close to the point though where I am gonna run out of free agents room. and I don't want to overwrite over players you can't export. so with the teams I have done I have just swapped them with (empty slot name) with a pitcher of a position player called empty slot

I sadly had to do it and cry but removed Buster Posey man that hurt doing that. 3 other players that retired too no longer will be in free agents Ty Buttry (he retied back in April no idea why he was still in the game) Wellington Castillo and Jordan Zimmerman.

we might see some free agents signings soon in coming days so I might sit for a few days and wait on some signing to move players around.

The hardest part is swapping players around. once transactions are up it will be so much more easier to move empty slot players along with free agents.

fangraphs roster resources haven't updated service time yet so I haven't done that yet

I am gonna try and plan to make the first release Dec 1st right when we will have a work stoppage. so all transactions and everything will freeze for a while till a deal is done. Filling in the empty slot guys with other players will be another challenge at the end. sadly this is the type of off season we are going to get this year though
Old 11-08-2021, 01:35 PM   #5
Pro

Do you have a roster for the 2021 season to the end of the World Series with update ratings equipments lineups and rotations I’ve been looking like crazy but I can’t find would greatly appreciate it

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2021, 06:05 PM   #6
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by natethebestever
Do you have a roster for the 2021 season to the end of the World Series with update ratings equipments lineups and rotations I’ve been looking like crazy but I can’t find would greatly appreciate it

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Sorry I don't the original I had was mid sep the final ridin rosters one

Fangraphs have updated service time today too yay!! so that is next on my list to do
Old 11-09-2021, 04:20 PM   #7
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

I have started updating service time and contracts as well. so taking 1 year off a players contract as though they skipped a year of it.. doing the best I can to pretend it is 2022.

I usually enjoy doing this in the off season but we are more then likely going to have a work stoppage guess that will give me time come December to fix a few things up though.

I have about 9 teams to go in moving Free agents across and having them swapped with a 'slot' but I am out of room as far as pitchers go for players I can overwrite that are not exportable. so I might have to put a pause on this until we get some free agents signings happening. So I might concentrate on service time and contracts for now.

I really wish we had a PC version this would make this so much easier with modding rosters for things like this
Old 11-11-2021, 03:37 AM   #8
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

See this is the problem without Y2Y saves I can't go back bring players back from previous games.

has anyone got a CAP of Heath Fillmyer? just signed a minor league contract with padres not in the vault and not in any roster in the vault

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »