Home

Nine Fun Things to Do in the World of Chel in NHL 22

This is a discussion on Nine Fun Things to Do in the World of Chel in NHL 22 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2021, 06:30 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Nine Fun Things to Do in the World of Chel in NHL 22

NHL 22 contains an impressive array of appealing game modes both online and offline, but its...

Written By: Kevin Scott

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2021, 08:21 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
I agree with the beginning of the article. Not only could it be its own game, it should be a game of its own. Please get this garbage off the NHL game and make a seperate one. They could call it CHEL. The name is as good as the mode. The people that love it will buy it and you could focus all of your resources on the two very different games you would be building.

Last edited by leafs nation; 10-28-2021 at 08:54 PM.
Old 10-28-2021, 09:34 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Nine Fun Things to Do in the World of Chel in NHL 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafs nation
I agree with the beginning of the article. Not only could it be its own game, it should be a game of its own. Please get this garbage off the NHL game and make a seperate one. They could call it CHEL. The name is as good as the mode. The people that love it will buy it and you could focus all of your resources on the two very different games you would be building.
I agree with this 1,000 percent but maybe they need the extra sales these modes may bring in to turn a profit. I know EA has very deep pockets but as a business they won’t pump any money into a game that won’t turn a decent profit. I can’t stomach the whole chel thing. The past 2 years with the beta I downloaded it all excited for the first taste of nhl for the year only to play 1 or 2 games of the chel stuff and never played the beta again. So I just ignore the modes, wishing every year the game would be more sim and not less.
Old 10-28-2021, 09:39 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

One last thing as an example. My son is 12 and plays travel ice hockey. He has been on the ice since 5 and hockey is his life. When he is alone playing the game he is mostly playing franchise mode and occasionally be a pro. When he is online with his friends that don’t play or watch hockey on tv all they wanna play is the chel modes. The causal and young audience loves this stuff. (And Fortnite and Minecraft).
Old 10-29-2021, 06:12 PM   #5
Rookie

KeyserSoze15's Arena

OVR: 0

EASHL now known as CHEL . EA has divided its player base to the point that I stopped buying NHL after multiple disasters on PS4. EASHL which was the online Club mode was great 6vs6 . Then Ramner created this stupid CHEL mode and added all these modes 1vs1vs1 half ice garbage, then 4vs4 but they call it 3vs3 because EA doesn't count the Goalie in that mode just like they call 5vs5 yet its actually 6vs6 . Then you have the Arcade 2vs2 or 3vs3 over the top fake hockey. Then you have playoffs in all modes then you have season games , then ranked and then drop in of 3vs3 or 5vs5. It takes forever to find a match with the community divided all over. Back on PS3 Club hockey to find a game took less then a second and at most 10 seconds . Now it takes minutes . Trying to get players to play HUT the money maker with the packs of cards.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2021, 02:38 PM   #6
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyserSoze15
EASHL now known as CHEL . EA has divided its player base to the point that I stopped buying NHL after multiple disasters on PS4. EASHL which was the online Club mode was great 6vs6 . Then Ramner created this stupid CHEL mode and added all these modes 1vs1vs1 half ice garbage, then 4vs4 but they call it 3vs3 because EA doesn't count the Goalie in that mode just like they call 5vs5 yet its actually 6vs6 . Then you have the Arcade 2vs2 or 3vs3 over the top fake hockey. Then you have playoffs in all modes then you have season games , then ranked and then drop in of 3vs3 or 5vs5. It takes forever to find a match with the community divided all over. Back on PS3 Club hockey to find a game took less then a second and at most 10 seconds . Now it takes minutes . Trying to get players to play HUT the money maker with the packs of cards.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app

I agree. I don’t think NHL has the player base to keep spreading it’s self across multiple modes. NBA 2k can get away as user base is much bigger. I think they’d really benefit the online community as a whole is they simplified it. Make 6v6 sim based team hockey. Make 3vs3 your arcade stuff and eliminate the rest. Back in the days if EASHL it was 6v6, 3v3 and online shootouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-30-2021, 05:22 PM   #7
Banned

EA stopped listening to sim gamers a long time ago.

This thread is a good example why they don't want you to buy the game.

Chel is a blast, and it is sad that grown *** men act like the mode you play is some kind of indication of the quality fan you are. This site gets more worthless by the day.

Last edited by JayhawkerStL; 10-30-2021 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-30-2021, 07:54 PM   #8
Banned

babaracus88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
EA stopped listening to sim gamers a long time ago.

This thread is a good example why they don't want you to buy the game.

Chel is a blast, and it is sad that grown *** men act like the mode you play is some kind of indication of the quality fan you are. This site gets more worthless by the day.

the problem with this site is YOU keep coming on here and complaining about all the complainers. Why do you even come on here if we annoy you so much? because as far as i see it there are a lot of DIFFERENT people on here complaining about the game BUT YOU are the only one it seems to be complaining about those people....therefore YOU are the BIGGEST complainer on this site....it IS YOUR complaining that is making this site worthless by the day....so on behalf of everyone either quit being the BIGGEST HYPOCRITE on this site or please stop coming on here it will make you happier , I promise, and it will make the rest of us definitely happier.

Besides i like to hear the positives and the negatives of the game to help make the decision of whether to buy or skip this year. Most of the gaming reviews are full of crap and obviously are designed to help boost sales for EA, its the complainers on here that point out what is wrong with the game and that is what makes up the biggest factor in if i am buying the game or not. If i can put up with the negatives then i buy it...but that's what an informed purchaser does when buying something but then there are the sheeple, i figure like yourself, that ea says give us your money and you bend over and give them your money. But hey YOU DO YOU just quit trying to prevent people from giving their opinion of the game.

Signed,

ALL OF US

Last edited by babaracus88; 10-30-2021 at 07:58 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »