Home

HUM Run Game severely overpowered?

This is a discussion on HUM Run Game severely overpowered? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2021, 05:27 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
HUM Run Game severely overpowered?

I'm using Atlanta Falcons in my current franchise and Mike Davis is leading the league in rushing with 1500 yards. Setting is All Pro with RB slider at 10. My next course of action is to lower the slider to 5 (maybe even 0), or maybe increasing difficulty to All Madden. Any thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2021, 05:43 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: HUM Run Game severely overpowered?

It is. Even on All Madden with 0 run blocking it can be too strong. The top ways to combat it are to raise the Speed Threshold and/or Tackle sliders.

Known plays that are often too successful include Stretch plays, Dive plays, any running play from an offset shotgun formation.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 10-30-2021, 10:39 PM   #3
Rookie

LR Mike's Arena

I'm using the Falcons as well in a franchise, but on All-Madden. Not sure if you have in any interest in bumping up to All-Madden or not but I feel like I found a sweet spot for my gameplay.

Run Blocking: 64 (66 felt like too many big holes were opened up)

CPU tackling: 44
Threshold: 75

thru 16 games
Mike Davis 262att 983yds 10td 3.8avg
Patterson: 111att 521yds 2td 4.7avg
Old 10-31-2021, 07:04 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR Mike
I'm using the Falcons as well in a franchise, but on All-Madden. Not sure if you have in any interest in bumping up to All-Madden or not but I feel like I found a sweet spot for my gameplay.

Run Blocking: 64 (66 felt like too many big holes were opened up)

CPU tackling: 44
Threshold: 75

thru 16 games
Mike Davis 262att 983yds 10td 3.8avg
Patterson: 111att 521yds 2td 4.7avg
Thanks for the feedback. I can't imagine actually raising the run blocking however.
Old 10-31-2021, 07:16 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
It is. Even on All Madden with 0 run blocking it can be too strong. The top ways to combat it are to raise the Speed Threshold and/or Tackle sliders.

Known plays that are often too successful include Stretch plays, Dive plays, any running play from an offset shotgun formation.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I think I have my speed threshold in the 60 range. I'll definitely bump the tackle slider up a bit (currently CPU = 42). My next remedy is to use my house rule from Madden 21 which is 'you only get to tap the speed burst once during a play'. Literally, a quick tap.

This takes big break away runs off the table but its actually pretty intense/fun finding the holes and outmaneuvering the defense without the added "adrenaline" burst. This also keeps your RB stats closer to the CPU stats throughout the league, at least it did in 21 (I'm anticipating the same in 22).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2021, 03:37 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
I think I have my speed threshold in the 60 range. I'll definitely bump the tackle slider up a bit (currently CPU = 42). My next remedy is to use my house rule from Madden 21 which is 'you only get to tap the speed burst once during a play'. Literally, a quick tap.

This takes big break away runs off the table but its actually pretty intense/fun finding the holes and outmaneuvering the defense without the added "adrenaline" burst. This also keeps your RB stats closer to the CPU stats throughout the league, at least it did in 21 (I'm anticipating the same in 22).
60 is still pretty low on the speed threshold scale and has much more wide open gameplay than is seen in the real NFL. Myself and many others personally use 95 as that is the most accurate threshold slider if you want to match the real life speed parity between players, but it is a user preference in the end. At 95 it definitely aids the CPU rush defense more than any other slider can.

Your house rule isn't a bad one. I'd recommend you try the speed threshold slider at 95. It will take adjusting to all around, but it gives the best gameplay, imo. It may not be for you, but it may not hurt to at least try.

― Plato
Old 11-02-2021, 05:59 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
I'm using Atlanta Falcons in my current franchise and Mike Davis is leading the league in rushing with 1500 yards. Setting is All Pro with RB slider at 10. My next course of action is to lower the slider to 5 (maybe even 0), or maybe increasing difficulty to All Madden. Any thoughts?
Your on the right track

Just go with 0 Run Block, 10 Fumble and CPU Tackle at 75

Then under Coach Adjustment set your Ball Carrier to Conservative

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 11-02-2021, 06:07 PM   #8
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Then under Coach Adjustment set your Ball Carrier to Conservative
This coaching adjustment prevents the user ballcarrier from sprinting and also locks out the user ballcarrier from attempting any tackle-breaking moves such as jukes, spins, and trucks. In addition it also greatly minimizes if not outright prevents the user ballcarrier from fumbling.

I personally don't think locking out every user ballcarrier gameplay mechanic is an appropriate lever to pull in service of gameplay balance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »