Home

Good Players Getting Cut in Live Franchise

This is a discussion on Good Players Getting Cut in Live Franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2021, 03:18 PM   #1
MVP

MavsManiac4Life's Arena

OVR: 11
Good Players Getting Cut in Live Franchise

Tried to start a live franchise and every time guys that are starting/in rotations are getting cut by the CPU (Devonta Freeman, Sheldon Richardson). If I try to change teams and reverse it then change back to the team I want to use, the CPU just cuts them again. Is there any way to stop this besides not doing a live file?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2021, 03:30 PM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Good Players Getting Cut in Live Franchise

The CPU roster management AI aggressively cuts Normal dev veterans, and it has a roster management step it performs when handling pre-existing injuries, especially in cases where that older player is not at the top of the depth chart at his position.

Given this, you will commonly see a bunch of older players get cut when starting a franchise when pre-existing injuries are enabled as the CPU attempts to get its roster as close to 53 healthy players as possible. The CPU also super-aggressively uses Injured Reserve during this step to achieve this goal, despite that Madden does not include the COVID short-term IR return rules.

You can sharply reduce the number of roster moves the CPU makes at franchise start time by turning pre-existing injuries off.
Old 11-12-2021, 09:30 AM   #3
Rookie

John_Elway's Arena

OVR: 8

I see this pretty consistently with CPU teams, especially a the end of preseason when teams make their roster cuts. I have started many different franchises and every one I have seen the Steelers cut Roethlisberger at the end of preseason even though they don't have a decent option at QB on the roster.
Old 11-12-2021, 02:00 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

I remember vividly the season Johnny Morton was by far the best player on the lions roster and they cut him. Several borderline superstar RBs on the FA list irl. Not sure what you want here. Teams cut “good” players all the time. It’s your OCD wanting rosters to be accurate that’s causing this to bother you. They will never be accurate after a week or two into franchise. Ever.
Old 11-12-2021, 11:08 PM   #5
MVP

MavsManiac4Life's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
I remember vividly the season Johnny Morton was by far the best player on the lions roster and they cut him. Several borderline superstar RBs on the FA list irl. Not sure what you want here. Teams cut “good” players all the time. It’s your OCD wanting rosters to be accurate that’s causing this to bother you. They will never be accurate after a week or two into franchise. Ever.
LOL I understand how the NFL works, my problem is Madden's CPU cuts and signings are usually pretty random (I.E. Freeman is getting half the Ravens backfield touches rn, but he'll be cut every time in franchise or the Big Ben point made above). I just want some better CPU logic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2021, 01:02 AM   #6
Just started!

Is there any work around for this as it’s very annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-13-2021, 02:11 AM   #7
Pro

ReturnoftheTmac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by djt101808
Is there any work around for this as it’s very annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I wish. I just go thru each team and their transaction log and correct each team when I start a Live franchise. Super tedious tho. Probably why I haven't played in awhile. I might get the urge during playoff time tho cuz there's not as much to edit.

Wonder if there's a way they could make it so the CPU doesn't make any moves for at least until after you start your franchise. Maybe after a week.
Old 02-28-2022, 01:20 PM   #8
CSL
Pro

OVR: 8

Is there still no fix for this/way of stopping the CPU from cutting lots of players without spending a bunch of unnecessary time fixing it manually? It's ridiculous. What's the point of being able to start with accurate up to date rosters if the CPU is just going to ruin them during preseason? Haven't played a franchise on Madden for about 4 years and fact this is still an issue is a pretty absurd oversight for something so easily avoidable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »