Home

Youth Academy Bug

This is a discussion on Youth Academy Bug within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2021, 12:46 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Youth Academy Bug

Does anyone know if the bug where players have no name, number, or sponsor applies to user youth academy players only, or if it applies to players generated by the CPU teams too?

Also, if you sell one of your youth academy players, does it continue to affect them on the CPU team?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2021, 03:06 PM   #2
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Re: Youth Academy Bug

According to the EA Trello page it still shows as under investigation. So unless they stealth fixed it and forgot to update the page it's still an ongoing issue.

Sent from Operation Sports Xtreme Mobile App
Old 11-19-2021, 04:00 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
According to the EA Trello page it still shows as under investigation. So unless they stealth fixed it and forgot to update the page it's still an ongoing issue.

I appreciate the reply but this doesn't answer my question at all lol. I'm not asking about whether the bug still exists. I'm asking about the specific nature of the bug.

I've also noticed that it only applies to some of my players. I've signed a few from the youth academy who do have names, numbers and sponsors, and whose arms look normal. Did the bug only start after one of the patches?
Old 11-19-2021, 04:12 PM   #4
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
I appreciate the reply but this doesn't answer my question at all lol. I'm not asking about whether the bug still exists. I'm asking about the specific nature of the bug.

I've also noticed that it only applies to some of my players. I've signed a few from the youth academy who do have names, numbers and sponsors, and whose arms look normal. Did the bug only start after one of the patches?
Misread the question.

Think the issue has been there since the beginning it just got overshadowed by the other YA issues that they fixed already.

Old 11-20-2021, 11:39 AM   #5
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

My understanding is this only affects players that have a birthdate after a certain date or year. Not sure but that's what I've seen many say is what's going on.

Haven't seen it with any CPU players though. So far I've only seen it with the YA but I'm not big on playing with players without real faces, so others would likely know more about whether CPU players or free agents also have the bug.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2021, 12:21 PM   #6
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
Misread the question.

Think the issue has been there since the beginning it just got overshadowed by the other YA issues that they fixed already.

Just looked at the EA Answers forum and the YA number issue has a very long bug thread that dates back to September. So it's definitely been there since the beginning.

Old 11-20-2021, 06:30 PM   #7
CSL
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
Does anyone know if the bug where players have no name, number, or sponsor applies to user youth academy players only, or if it applies to players generated by the CPU teams too?

Also, if you sell one of your youth academy players, does it continue to affect them on the CPU team?
It applies to players generated by the CPU and free agent youngsters as well, same as the skinny arm bug. Best thing to do is add them to your shortlist or go to edit player and check before signing them. And yeah, once they have it, it doesn't go away.
Old 11-21-2021, 09:16 AM   #8
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

It’s so annoying. Legit had to delete a long term crystal palace save I had because all my YA players were coming in with blank jerseys. Pissed me off to no end and killed all immersion

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »