Home

If you turn down Shot Timing Impact, does it essentially become True Shooting %?

This is a discussion on If you turn down Shot Timing Impact, does it essentially become True Shooting %? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2021, 03:03 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
If you turn down Shot Timing Impact, does it essentially become True Shooting %?

I use no shot meter, and to make up for the extra challenge of learning shot releases especially for multiple teams, I turned it down to 30 and it felt just right.

Then after the patch I felt shots started going in too much. Putting it at 40 has brought some nice challenge back (and not every wide open shot goes in) but now I feel it’s too hard to make shots with various players especially since I turned up CPU defense sliders to max.

What I’m wondering is if it’s at 0 (for example) does it work like true shooting percentage? Or is it more boosted since it would be like every shot being a green.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2021, 10:44 PM   #2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: If you turn down Shot Timing Impact, does it essentially become True Shooting %?

It’s not like Real% at all. Shanking the timing will still miss 98% of the time. But it’s a lot more forgiving on early/late shots. You can make some red timing too but not often.
Old 12-09-2021, 05:26 AM   #3
MVP

jk31's Arena

Re: If you turn down Shot Timing Impact, does it essentially become True Shooting %?

Reducing the shot timing impact will increase all timing windows during the shot. so bigger window for slightly early/late and bigger window for green releases (which is really bad....). if you set it to 0, nearly every shot (that you didn't completely mess up) is a green.
Old 12-09-2021, 06:24 AM   #4
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
Reducing the shot timing impact will increase all timing windows during the shot. so bigger window for slightly early/late and bigger window for green releases (which is really bad....). if you set it to 0, nearly every shot (that you didn't completely mess up) is a green.
This isn’t true at all. I have played with shot timing at 0 this entire time since I find the meter hard and my shooting percentages are normal. I have other slider adjustments but this is not true at all in my experience.
Old 12-09-2021, 07:26 AM   #5
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
This isn’t true at all. I have played with shot timing at 0 this entire time since I find the meter hard and my shooting percentages are normal. I have other slider adjustments but this is not true at all in my experience.

I tested this for our online league. Problem we are having is, that shooting percentages are way too high because of all those green releases but if you don't green the shot, it will miss most of the times. I thought by reducing shot timing impact non green releases might go in at a higher rate. Problem is, that the green window gets increased too....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2021, 12:47 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
I use no shot meter, and to make up for the extra challenge of learning shot releases especially for multiple teams, I turned it down to 30 and it felt just right.

Then after the patch I felt shots started going in too much. Putting it at 40 has brought some nice challenge back (and not every wide open shot goes in) but now I feel it’s too hard to make shots with various players especially since I turned up CPU defense sliders to max.

What I’m wondering is if it’s at 0 (for example) does it work like true shooting percentage? Or is it more boosted since it would be like every shot being a green.
https://youtu.be/l1HxxyR5n3Q
Old 12-09-2021, 03:41 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
That’s shot coverage impact actually. I’m referring to timing impact.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »