Home

Coaches and Players strategy flipping ?

This is a discussion on Coaches and Players strategy flipping ? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2021, 11:40 AM   #1
Pro

KomicJ's Arena

OVR: 1
Coaches and Players strategy flipping ?

Hey everyone,

Quick question; I build a small tool in Excel to help me keep track of my coaches and players scheme preferences that help me build my line-up for chemistry in Franchise Mode...and I just noticed, after loading my franchise, that both my head coach and some players had different scheme preference than the one I noted the day before.

Ie. I just specifically switched my head coach for one that had "Pinch/Cycle" for D-Pairing #1 and #2...now, he has "Hold Line/Cycle" as D-Pairing #2. Same with some players, like Adam Gaudette who used to be "Balanced/Shoot/Balanced/Balanced"...now he's "Carry/Shoot/Efficient/Don't Block".

Are these meant to evolve over time (and if so, what's the point of the whole thing if I can't plan my team build because things we'll keep on switching) ? Is it a known bug that I just became aware of ? Does it have something to do with yesterday update ? Anyone else has experienced this ?

Last edited by KomicJ; 12-10-2021 at 12:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2021, 04:13 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Coaches and Players strategy flipping ?

I do believe that those are just random and they change everytime you start a new franchise mode. Pretty lame if you ask me.
Old 12-15-2021, 05:09 AM   #3
Pro

KomicJ's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Coaches and Players strategy flipping ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zkibu
I do believe that those are just random and they change everytime you start a new franchise mode. Pretty lame if you ask me.
Yeah, I know that...and yeah, I also find it pretty lame. Although, I probably wouldn't trust EA if those were fixed either, so.

But that happened within the same Franchise. I saved my franchise, shut the PS5 down, and when I loaded the franchise the next day, I simmed a season as the GM, went to update my Excel sheet with newly added players, and realized that some players I had the season before had different strategy (and so did my coach). But EA's update came between the two, and I haven't noticed any change since, so maybe it was a one time occurence due to the update.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »