Home

CPU Unable to play offense in MyNBA

This is a discussion on CPU Unable to play offense in MyNBA within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2021, 04:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CPU Unable to play offense in MyNBA

Is it just me or the CPU is incapable of running any kind of offense. It's extremely bad when i play a team like the pistons. They will just dribble the ball in front of the defender run out the clock and take a terrible shot. 12 min quarters and the pistons barely scored 60. And im really not a good player, i even let them score some buckets to make it a bit more realistic. I feel like it wasnt this way when i first bought the game at launch. I find i will allow over 100 only if i play against a team with a true superstar and its because he scores over 50pts himself

This is on Superstar difficulty with the Raptors
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2021, 06:13 PM   #2
MVP

Re: CPU Unable to play offense in MyNBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloakingturtle
Is it just me or the CPU is incapable of running any kind of offense. It's extremely bad when i play a team like the pistons. They will just dribble the ball in front of the defender run out the clock and take a terrible shot. 12 min quarters and the pistons barely scored 60. And im really not a good player, i even let them score some buckets to make it a bit more realistic. I feel like it wasnt this way when i first bought the game at launch. I find i will allow over 100 only if i play against a team with a true superstar and its because he scores over 50pts himself

This is on Superstar difficulty with the Raptors

Have u edited any sliders or settings? Are u using a default roster?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-22-2021, 08:24 PM   #3
Rookie

Default slider+Roster.
Old 12-22-2021, 10:19 PM   #4
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

Last year we was complaining about the CPU Defense
This year the CPU Offense is no longer challenging with some screws loose. It seems like most of the time CPU plays like Westbrook in the Lane on a dummy mission (contested shots) or hot potatoes with the shock clock running out in most positions on Hall of fame at that

I hope we could get the Czar to chime in about the AI Offense awareness issues
Old 12-23-2021, 08:24 AM   #5
Rookie

Ok so it's not just me. I was playing the blazers yesterday and i double team Lillard for the first couple possessions, he missed his first few shots because the CPU doesnt run any play anyway. He then got cold and that was it for that game.

I find ill get decent scores if and only if the CPU's superstar can get hot, if he gets cold it's just hopeless.

Don't get me wrong i do enjoy playing offense, i think the CPU defense is ok for the most part. But man playing on defense is super boring. They barely try to get by me. They will just dribble into me trying to magically make their way to the rim and get blocked. There are some games that the offense just flows while other game it's like playing against a brain dead AI.

I'm wondering if it's a MyNBA issue only with the game trying to simulate hot/cold teams and high and low scoring games to mix it up a bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2021, 09:20 AM   #6
Rookie

Update on this.

Playing the against the pistons in play now mode on superstar and they are playing so much better... Fast pace offense, running plays one after another if it fails.. much better shooting%. Could just be a coincidence but im starting to believe there is something in MYNBA making the CPU play like ****.

Even their defense seems to be sharper.. am i crazy??

Another weird thing just happened, fred vanvleet missed a free throw. This is using real ft%. In MYNBA season he has yet to miss a free throw. Hes been perfect for the entire season lol.

This could of course just be 1 game but i feel it plays so much better than it does in MYnba..

Last edited by cloakingturtle; 12-23-2021 at 09:27 AM.
Old 12-23-2021, 10:10 AM   #7
Rookie

Ok played the blazzers too in playnow and they were also playing much better. So i went back into mnba and made sure all my sliders were on default superstar. I had FT difficulty at 100 so i put that back to 50. Im now having a much better game and im also now missing free throws in Mynba.

Was this game miraculously patched overnight or is any slight slider modification breaking this game. Or am i simply losing my mind with this stupid game LOL
Old 12-27-2021, 04:31 PM   #8
Rookie

EurozDontFogertTheZ's Arena

Turn CPU offensive awareness to 100, backdoor cuts to 55, take 3 point shots 60, while being playing on HOF.

Its challenging at times. sometimes it felt like a real user. CPU curry dropped 57 on me with 13 threes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »