Home

Salary Cap question

This is a discussion on Salary Cap question within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2022, 12:26 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Salary Cap question

If we adjust everyone’s salary, mainly the top players: i.e. Harden currently makes $44 mil, and I alter him to $24 mil— I do this across the league. Will this help the free agent problems? I noticed top players will sit in the poole and can’t be signed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2022, 12:46 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Salary Cap question

In my Myleagues and MyNBAs after a while there’s a lot of 80+ overalls. Maybe adjusting the min/max, potentials effect on salary, and the salary curve so that ~ 83 overalls take lesser contracts might help balance this.

Or maybe editing the progression sliders so that there isn’t a lot of new ~ 83 overalls while the older players haven’t regressed
Old 01-10-2022, 04:27 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
If we adjust everyone’s salary, mainly the top players: i.e. Harden currently makes $44 mil, and I alter him to $24 mil— I do this across the league. Will this help the free agent problems? I noticed top players will sit in the poole and can’t be signed.
During the free agency period I leave the contract sliders at 50 for the first 6 days, then days 7-9 I bump up the sliders to 75; and for the last 3 days I bump them up to 100. Then when (off season) free agency is finished I put the sliders back at 50.

I also added two expansion teams...my in-season free agents never have anyone over 73-74 overall.

(I did make some edits to the default roster--mainly to the first and second year players to make some of them become busts because too many of the late first/2nd rounders would become 78-80 overalls).
Old 01-11-2022, 11:05 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Adjust the salary cap and inflation rate.

This coming offseason will be a slow free agency because of few teams having cap flexibility and not many top guys available.

Use a high inflation rate to mimic the post-Covid rebound (though that may be a legend lol) and new TV deal. Also in the offseason rule changes make sure that the cap is being increased.

The big thing though is trade override and identifying the teams that should be buyers in free agency. For example I'm currently in year 2 and in the next offseason Knicks and Magic are positioned to have loads of cap space. I will reject any trade that hampers that. Oh the Knicks are trying to trade a year 1 deal for a 2 year deal? Rejected.

Then in the offseason prior to free agency, temporarily take control of all teams and go through the cap holds renouncing rights when appropriate.

Another problem in my opinion is that bad contracts are too easy to move. A team paying the luxury tax can easily offload a bad contract before the trade deadline to a team with cap space. This basically removes two teams from being active in free agency. The luxury tax team may have gotten out of paying the luxury tax, but they still won't have free space to sign FAs. And the team that did have cap space no longer does because they agreed to a stupid trade. Some have been asking for it for a while, but we really need the possibility for some guys to have negative trade value (e.g. Westbrook and Wall). I think I may check the trade settings and see if there are sliders for contract effect on trade value

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »