Home

Foul setting

This is a discussion on Foul setting within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2022, 03:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Foul setting

How to get more fouls

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2022, 05:06 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Foul setting

Quote:
Originally Posted by freako59
How to get more fouls
Not very easy with 2K22 for the last several versions. The game is not coded to recognize fouls frequently.

There are a few slider adjustments that can help a bit and roster tweaks that help also. But the roster changes also have unintended consequences for simulated games so it's a bit of a balancing act.

There was a thread earlier about shooting fouls in the main section here - https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-next-gen.html

See my sliders for comments on fouls and roster changes. This was for current gen but the concepts apply to Next gen also.
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-sliders.html

For fouls I adjust these roster attributes and tendencies -

Attributes -
Fouls +10

Tendencies -
CHARGE +10
FOUL +10 (go higher for more in game fouls but it really messes with the sim engine having too many fouls)
HFOUL +10

It's just frustrating reality with 2K22.

Last edited by res2; 01-16-2022 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-19-2022, 10:43 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I max out draw fouls, hard fouls, fouls, contest shots, draw charge, go for on ball steals.... And STILL don't get good results.

The only way we will ever get better results is when they start calling over the back (I haven't seen one of those in MONTHS!) And blocking fouls.
Old 02-21-2022, 09:33 PM   #4
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

The worst thing about the foul sliders not really doing anything is a team like the Sixers are so hard to replicate. With Harden and Embiid your team should be at the foul line at least 20 times a game.

Played a Game in MyNba and got three free throws. 3. And that was with trying to attack. Either blocked or missed layups. Made a few but could not get to free throw line.

I Don’t understand the sliders seeming to do nothing. Everything is at 100 and I barely get fouled.

Old 02-22-2022, 10:00 AM   #5
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99
The worst thing about the foul sliders not really doing anything is a team like the Sixers are so hard to replicate. With Harden and Embiid your team should be at the foul line at least 20 times a game.

Played a Game in MyNba and got three free throws. 3. And that was with trying to attack. Either blocked or missed layups. Made a few but could not get to free throw line.

I Don’t understand the sliders seeming to do nothing. Everything is at 100 and I barely get fouled.

Sliders alone can't fix this issue.
You need to Global Edit the roster you are using to increase the draw foul rating for each player, it takes time but in the limited time I spent doing some there was some improvement but I still don't think you will get bang on realistic numbers...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »