Home

Using 2 controllers with custom playbooks for CPU vs CPU games

This is a discussion on Using 2 controllers with custom playbooks for CPU vs CPU games within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2022, 10:31 PM   #1
Pro

drj32's Arena

OVR: 8
Using 2 controllers with custom playbooks for CPU vs CPU games

We used to be able to use 2 controllers with 2 custom playbooks for CPU vs CPU games, but every time I try to do this method, it makes me play as both teams without any sim or watching possible.

example:

I created a third quarterback as my 2 characters from the two teams, successfully load the two custom playbooks and go into the game.

the two playbooks are fine, but there is no way to sim or watch. It is forcing me to play both teams. Why is this happening?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2022, 12:41 AM   #2
Rookie

alston4659's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Using 2 controllers with custom playbooks for CPU vs CPU games

I use the two controller method all the time so what I do is choose the playbook for the cpu, then move the controller to the middle. The playbook remains the custom one I chose for the cpu and I play the game. I figured this out when trying to select the uniforms for the cpu and that sticks as well.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2022, 09:16 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alston4659
I use the two controller method all the time so what I do is choose the playbook for the cpu, then move the controller to the middle. The playbook remains the custom one I chose for the cpu and I play the game. I figured this out when trying to select the uniforms for the cpu and that sticks as well.

Are you doing the 3rd QB trick or just under coach/owner mode? When I do coach/owner mode when the game starts the secondary team is not on the field only the primary team.
Old 01-21-2022, 09:19 AM   #4
Rookie

alston4659's Arena

Yes I'm in coach mode not owner mode but all I simply do and I'm on PS5 too if that makes any difference but I activate both controllers, hit play game. One controller is then on each side, mine and cpu. I take controll of the cpu side and choose my playbook, then back out and put that controller in the middle. The me as the user I start the game and the cpu has that playbook. I haven't run into any issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie
Are you doing the 3rd QB trick or just under coach/owner mode? When I do coach/owner mode when the game starts the secondary team is not on the field only the primary team.
Old 01-21-2022, 09:32 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Yes I'm in coach mode not owner mode but all I simply do and I'm on PS5 too if that makes any difference but I activate both controllers, hit play game. One controller is then on each side, mine and cpu. I take controll of the cpu side and choose my playbook, then back out and put that controller in the middle. The me as the user I start the game and the cpu has that playbook. I haven't run into any issues.

I'm still on PS4 I can't find a PS5 to save my life. When I use controller two I have to sign in as a guest or an secondary account. The guest doesn't show a custom playbook and the secondary account I have to have a saved playbook for that account. It would be nice to use. I do believe the dropback glitch has a lot to do with teams calling 4 verticals. Does PS5 make you assign your second controller to a guest or secondary account?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2022, 09:40 AM   #6
Rookie

alston4659's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie
I'm still on PS4 I can't find a PS5 to save my life. When I use controller two I have to sign in as a guest or an secondary account. The guest doesn't show a custom playbook and the secondary account I have to have a saved playbook for that account. It would be nice to use. I do believe the dropback glitch has a lot to do with teams calling 4 verticals. Does PS5 make you assign your second controller to a guest or secondary account?
I'm one user and my wife is the second user on my account so yes when I activate my second controller it has me use hers and that's the only way I can have the two controller setup when I click into play game in franchise. I may try and make a small 10 second video of my process but I don't think it's all that abnormal what I'm doing.

Old 01-21-2022, 09:49 AM   #7
Rookie

alston4659's Arena

Quote:
I'm one user and my wife is the second user on my account so yes when I activate my second controller it has me use hers and that's the only way I can have the two controller setup when I click into play game in franchise. I may try and make a small 10 second video of my process but I don't think it's all that abnormal what I'm doing.

I stand corrected, what I've been able to do is give the cpu other playbooks besides their own. I tend to give teams with good running backs that run heavy playbook and assumed the same method would work with an actual custom playbook I created and that's not the case. My apologies.

Old 01-21-2022, 10:13 AM   #8
Rookie

alston4659's Arena

Quote:
I stand corrected, what I've been able to do is give the cpu other playbooks besides their own. I tend to give teams with good running backs that run heavy playbook and assumed the same method would work with an actual custom playbook I created and that's not the case. My apologies.

So what I had to do because I was intrigued enough to find a solution was to actually start up Madden with my second user, create not only a psn account for that user but also an EA account for that user as well. I already uploaded my custom playbook to share with my main user profile so I ended up downloading my custom playbook with my second user profile and then when I went back to Madden with my main user profile and tried the same two controller process my custom playbook showed up. If it's worth it to you to do all of that so be it but I'm now very excited to see my playbook in action on the cpu side.

Last edited by alston4659; 01-21-2022 at 11:06 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »