Home

Rosters “Playoff Eligible” driving me crazy after Sept 1

This is a discussion on Rosters “Playoff Eligible” driving me crazy after Sept 1 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2022, 03:21 PM   #1
Rookie

tsbraves's Arena

OVR: 4
Rosters “Playoff Eligible” driving me crazy after Sept 1

Forgive me if this has been covered for MLBTS 21 but every time I try to search a forum I’m told I don’t have the proper credentials to search even though I’ve been a registered user for many, many years and never banned for any reason. (Sigh)
Anyway… maybe someone can help me understand.
Why is the game prohibiting players who are “playoff eligible” from being DFA’d? I have searched through MLB rules and cannot find where this is an exception in the current MLB. In fact, I’ve seen several true life examples where the opposite is true. For example, the CWS on Aug 6 activated Jake Lamb 3b to their major league roster and then on Sept 1 DFA’d him. The Blue Jays then picked him off of waivers and activated him to their roster on Sept. 4. (All according to MLB.com) But… in the game I can’t do that with Lamb or any other realistic roster moves (i.e., Release a player, remove a player from 40 man) due to the dreaded “Playoff eligible players cannot be designated for assignment during the September call-ups period” qualifier in the game. It’s obvious it can be done in real life so why not the game? Can anyone help me understand this? Keeping my rosters up to date after Sept 1 in this game has become frustrating. Am I missing something?

Last edited by tsbraves; 01-28-2022 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Misspellings
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »