Home

2022 Lakers are the best defensive team in this game

This is a discussion on 2022 Lakers are the best defensive team in this game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2022, 08:30 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 26
2022 Lakers are the best defensive team in this game

Just had maybe the two worst offensive games of my life back-to-back on play now online. I'm up to I think the 4th tier (Euro league), and at the level a guy who knows the game is impossible to score on with the lakers. Somehow the whole team was on me like glue and the user just controlled AD the whole game and he can guard all 5 positions at the same time. Mix in a little bit of lag and I don't know if I got off a single wide open release all game. Even if I was wide open with AD on the other end of the court, he could cover in time to register as at least somewhat contested.

This is the worst defensive team in the league but in this game they play like the greatest team of all-time. Carmelo is even rated 80+ coming of the bench. Dwight is nearly an 80 in the game yet he's unplayable in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2022, 08:59 AM   #2
Pro

Lagoa's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: 2022 Lakers are the best defensive team in this game

That's what happens when a game focuses more on putting CROCS for sale in the store than NBA content.
Old 01-26-2022, 07:23 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

Meanwhile in real life the 2022 Lakers are playing the worst defense I’ve ever seen period.
Old 01-27-2022, 09:56 AM   #4
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
Meanwhile in real life the 2022 Lakers are playing the worst defense I’ve ever seen period.
Exactly! Their biggest problem is they are old and slow on D.
Old 01-28-2022, 12:05 PM   #5
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

The answer is actually pretty simple, & it's been a problem in 2k for about an entire decade now:

Look at how many impirtant defensive badges are on all those players, ranging from bronze to HOF. When you have a combo of 5 guys with clamps, rim protector, intimidator, def leader, worm, reb chaser, pick pocket, dodger, menace, pest,.......etc, it's hard to do a whole lot against that.

Then you look at a team like the 2003 Mavs, who have a literal grand total of ZERO def badges that matter outside of Shawn Bradley. That team is borderline unusable unless you have Bradley's 7'6 giant self in there, not because of his height, but because he's the only one with any def badges on that team whatsoever.

Badges have destroyed the integrity of any realistic aspect that should be present.

Last edited by Cowboyfan_19; 01-28-2022 at 12:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2022, 02:22 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by _-King-_
Just had maybe the two worst offensive games of my life back-to-back on play now online. I'm up to I think the 4th tier (Euro league), and at the level a guy who knows the game is impossible to score on with the lakers. Somehow the whole team was on me like glue and the user just controlled AD the whole game and he can guard all 5 positions at the same time. Mix in a little bit of lag and I don't know if I got off a single wide open release all game. Even if I was wide open with AD on the other end of the court, he could cover in time to register as at least somewhat contested.

This is the worst defensive team in the league but in this game they play like the greatest team of all-time. Carmelo is even rated 80+ coming of the bench. Dwight is nearly an 80 in the game yet he's unplayable in real life.
This a really subjective comment. I don't have any problem with the lakers and I am in the 8 or 9th tier. Not to mention, they are INCREDIBLY easy to guard by using a zone.
Old 01-28-2022, 04:47 PM   #7
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Same reason players like JR Smith was a top 5 player in 2K for a decade…before MyAnything was even thought of….lol
Old 01-30-2022, 03:36 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

One of the main reasons I stopped playing online 7 years ago with 2K.

2K's unrealistic rosters and sliders combined lag was bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »