Home

Official "Where Are Promised Madden NFL 22 Franchise Title Updates?" Thread

This is a discussion on Official "Where Are Promised Madden NFL 22 Franchise Title Updates?" Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2022, 11:59 AM   #1
Rookie

Faikanese's Arena

OVR: 2
Official "Where Are Promised Madden NFL 22 Franchise Title Updates?" Thread

It's Feb already... Where are the 2nd and 3rd Franchise Updates???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2022, 12:02 PM   #2
Pro

ReturnoftheTmac's Arena

OVR: 0
re: Official "Where Are Promised Madden NFL 22 Franchise Title Updates?" Thread

Good question. I’m sure they’ll be underwhelming and late tho so I’m not holding out any hope whatsoever. If it was something really game changing I think we would have heard at least a little by now.
Old 02-01-2022, 12:53 PM   #3
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Game is gonna be free on ea access before the franchise updates get here lol. This year has been a total joke.
Old 02-01-2022, 01:15 PM   #4
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

To be fair, it is only February 1st. That being said, EA as a company is a joke, you really can't take anything they say with any seriousness anymore. I still fully believe that the SGO report was 100% true and and EA and to scramble to try and save some credibility. Best guess, we see a patch by the end of this week to early next week. It probably still won't have any franchise updates because well it's franchise mode and they show time and time again where that mode ranks in the scheme of things.

Man, ea can sure turn me bitter towards their products.
Old 02-01-2022, 01:54 PM   #5
Rookie

Heisman's Arena

OVR: 3

I usually take Madden for what it is, but 22 has been god awful. I’m still having freezing issues on PlayStation 5 smh.
NHL - Los Angeles Kings
MLS - Los Angeles Galaxy
EPL - Newcastle United
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2022, 03:44 PM   #6
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

It's absolutely laughable...

EA states they'll have three updates to franchise mode starting with the scouting update. It's delayed multiple times and finally released and is not surprisingly, lackluster.

Rumors then come out (which were most likely true) that EA was going to cancel the next two planned updates, which EA likely never even had ideas for.

EA catches wind that they're getting backlash for cancelling them and comes out stating that they're not cancelling them and that they're still planning on two more updates for Madden's franchise mode.

Now EA has to come up with two more franchise updates that they 1) don't even have ideas for, and 2) were never really planning on doing.

It's further proof just how bad it's gotten for offline franchise players. The Show is the same way. All any developers care about is their online modes. I've sat idly by for over a decade, like most of us, waiting for improvements to franchise mode. For years I didn't care all that much when franchise mode got little attention because it was still, "relatively good." Well, it's old, it's stale, and it's boring. They need to breathe new life into the mode, which they never truly will. It will always be a cast-off mode of a forgotten era of sports video games. A very small percentage plays franchise regularly (compared to online modes) and they just have no monetary reason to improve a mode that does nothing for them.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 02-01-2022, 03:53 PM   #7
Pro

Why even do this to yourselves. When was the last time EA released a patch and you said "wow... this was amazing and worth the wait. You'll find something to not like about it.
Old 02-01-2022, 03:53 PM   #8
Rookie

I'm trying to look on the bright side of things. EA's utter contempt for me as a customer means I almost certainly won't buy the game again, so saving money and the time I usually waste fighting to turn Madden into an enjoyable franchise experience. Plus I know now to ignore whatever lies they spout about focusing on franchise mode next time.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »