Home

Finally got PS5 in December, need help with a few things

This is a discussion on Finally got PS5 in December, need help with a few things within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2022, 05:02 PM   #1
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12
Finally got PS5 in December, need help with a few things

There are several things different in the PS4 & PS5 versions, and I cannot figure out if/how I can change some

1) I use a 12 second minimum play clock, so it's always 9 seconds left or less when I snap the ball. How the heck do you turn off the annoying beeping alarm it does once it reaches 9 seconds? It does not do this crap on my PS4!

2) Can you get rid of the annoying/distracting/unneeded dialog boxes (in-game) on the bottom right corner of the screen. They're silver with white dialog. Telling you things like home field advantage blah, blah, blah. Can't remember what the other box said. I have looked all through the settings, turning some options to opposite of what I have always used. nothing gets rid of them.

3) Are penalties non-existent on the PS5? Way I had it setup on my PS4 version, it was far from perfect as everyone knows, but I was getting 5 to 8 per game (usually). Haven't had one single penalty on the PS5.

4) I was browsing through some of the sliders here, and I see some options there that are not in my game. Cooldown is one of them. What is cooldown and how do you get it to appear? Is that part of Progressive Fatigue? Had that turned off on PS4, not sure where I have it at the moment on PS5 version (not really playing & saving franchise yet, still getting used to it and figuring out what I need to change from how I had it on the PS4).

5) Pretty sure there were some other things, but can't remember right now, I will enter them here if I do.......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2022, 06:19 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Finally got PS5 in December, need help with a few things

I would move your Minimum PlayClock to 16-18 seconds. I use 17 seconds personally so most of time I am 10 seconds when I hike the ball.
Don't believe you can turn off that HomeField advantage, wish we could myself!!!
Penalties are pretty much nonexistent compared to Ps4 Madden. I have HOLDING and DEF Pass Interference on 99 and rarely get calls!!! lol
Progressive Fatigue has something to do with gradually fatigue as the season goes along and how hard you practice your players during the week.
Not familiar with Cooldown much, think it has to do with Plays esp online chises so players can't ovveruse same plays over and over again.

Hope this helps!!!

Last edited by JBoo2911; 02-07-2022 at 06:24 PM.
Old 02-08-2022, 06:14 PM   #3
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Finally got PS5 in December, need help with a few things

Ok, thanks for the info. I'll just deal with the beep though, I get a realistic mount of total plays on 12 second minimum. Stinks about the rest of that and no way to change it, I was hoping I overlooked something. Thanks again though!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »