Home

Survivor 42

This is a discussion on Survivor 42 within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2022, 09:33 PM   #1

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Survivor 42

Another season is underway.

They filmed 2 seasons back to back, and let's hope 43 and 44 can be filmed this spring/summer with no issues.

Survivor nowadays seems more like fans being on the show and caught up in the moments vs the "old days" where it was people just competing on it.

The 30s is where it started falling off for me. Last season was decent, but I hated the end of it. I get that the best players don't usually win, especially most of the last 10 seasons, but it does bring a season down for me when you get invested in it and the good players don't make it far/win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2022, 02:08 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Survivor 42

ugh I missed a solid 45 minutes in the middle chunk of the premiere

I did notice the dude dislocate his shoulder and I'm really annoyed with how easily the medical expert fixed it. I mean, good for him, but as a guy dealing with a major dislocation 20 years ago, it's not that easy. I'm not disputing the injury, you could clearly see the shoulder bump of the bone pushing up against the skin, but damnit, why couldn't it have been that easy for me lol

but anyway, my crybaby *** aside, I'm looking forward to this season. Kinda curious why more questions weren't asked about the three people who had to cover themselves in mud and blood, like, what did you just endure?
Old 03-10-2022, 06:43 PM   #3

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ulvl

but anyway, my crybaby *** aside, I'm looking forward to this season. Kinda curious why more questions weren't asked about the three people who had to cover themselves in mud and blood, like, what did you just endure?
They probably did, but didnt show it on the show.

Like how I'm sure the tribe noticed that guy with blood, but after washing it off realized he has no cuts or scars.

As for Jackson, that was a bad situation. We've seen med evac of all kinds before, but never because a contestant lied/gave short notice about their medical history. Too bad the producers didnt find out beforehand, they could've used an alternate.

Must suck for whoever was the alternate for that season knowing you would've actually been on that season.

Side effects would've just been too bad I guess. A different time/situation from the past where one contestant gave up smoking/drinking right before going on the show and basically lost his mind during the season and going through withdrawal.
Old 03-23-2022, 10:07 PM   #4

Majingir's Arena

That tribal was a mess.

Daniel and Chanelle seemed like they agreed on who to vote, knowing she probably lost her vote, and Mike didnt have his.

Instead of the 2-1-1 it became 2-2. So when the revote happened, Daniel knew (or should've known/clued in) it's only 2 votes counting.

So instead of just switching his vote and accepting that loss, he kept it, leading to the tie, resulting in them revealing who wasn't allowed to vote, him outing the plan, having the possibility of drawing rocks, causing mistrust among the person he was siding with in the tribal, turns on her, and ends up switching his vote anyways.
Old 03-29-2022, 12:43 PM   #5
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Daniel is not very smart. He had already revealed he was working with Mike and Channel when he said those two comfort him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2022, 09:44 PM   #6

Majingir's Arena

So after all that craziness in the tribal a few weeks back, Daniel gets voted out with his tribe not trusting him, stemming from that tribal (among other things) and Lydia, who Hai defended and was going to go to rocks to save in that same tribal, voted her out.

I'm glad the decision wasn't between Jonathan or Maryanne. Those 2 have been 2 of my faves this season.
Old 04-18-2022, 01:47 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
So after all that craziness in the tribal a few weeks back, Daniel gets voted out with his tribe not trusting him, stemming from that tribal (among other things) and Lydia, who Hai defended and was going to go to rocks to save in that same tribal, voted her out.

I'm glad the decision wasn't between Jonathan or Maryanne. Those 2 have been 2 of my faves this season.
Yeah, I thought once the twist kicked in Jonathan was screwed, that was their chance, especially with the other top targets immune, I'm like, welp, muscle man gone. He was smart, though, played it quiet, let the others screw up
Old 04-21-2022, 02:10 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

I'm confused why Jonathan isn't getting votes

shouldn't he be target #1?

the dude dominated again, and it wasn't even a muscle challenge

if being an alltime challenge beast doesn't matter, then what's the point of having challenges?

Last edited by l3ulvl; 04-21-2022 at 02:21 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »