Home

The Quarry

This is a discussion on The Quarry within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2022, 09:37 AM   #1
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
The Quarry

Can't wait....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2022, 10:48 AM   #2
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: The Quarry

Hardcoregamer has some new info regarding Supermassive Games new game coming out June 10. Quantic Dream set the standard in story-telling and QTE's with Detroit: Become Human in my eyes yet, I loved Until Dawn and this does look good.

Quote:

There’s also a “Don’t Breathe” mechanic, which comes into play when being hunted. Where The Dark Pictures Anthology had sections where you press buttons in time with one’s heartbeat to stay calm or Until Dawn had those annoying Sixaxis section where you had to keep the controller steady, The Quarry keeps it simple: during sections where you’re being hunted, hold down a button to hold your breath in order to avoid detection. The twist is that if you wait too long, hold it for too long, or let it go at the wrong time, you give away your position. So whereas previous mechanics were all about timing and dexterity, these moments in The Quarry are all about proper judgement, which is a nice change of pace that fits the tone of the series more.

One notable addition, though, is combat sections. The various playable characters can each get their hold on a gun at certain points, and there will be sections where they have to use it against a possible threat…or not use it, since choices matter here. Gameplay-wise, it’s simple, just a rail shooter-esque screen where you aim and shoot. You’re not armed with a rifle or pistol, however, but a shotgun, with only a flashlight to help aim. And because it’s a shotgun, spread is taken into effect, meaning it’s more effective at close ranges, which suggests having to judge the right time to fire it on incoming threats.

Little additions to gameplay like that helped make for what feels like a potentially improved adventure (not to mention other touches like sections with full camera control, carrying over from House of Ashes), but what will likely keep players intrigued in The Quarry is one of the same reasons Until Dawn was a success: its story and characters, and its willingness to go all in on the classic horror tropes. The Quarry, while set in the modern day, clearly aims for classic ’80s slasher vibes, what with its summer camp setting, ’80s aesthetics like VHS filters and fonts, and cast of horny teenagers stuck at Hackett’s Quarry because they purposely disable their car in order to give themselves one more night after the last day of camp in order for one last chance in order to be intimate.
Old 05-29-2022, 10:49 AM   #3
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm looking forward to this game! Love choice games, loved Until Dawn and Detroit.
Old 05-30-2022, 11:29 AM   #4
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Big fan of supermassive games. This one looks fun

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Watch me play video games
Old 06-02-2022, 04:25 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 0

I have two platinum trophies. One of them is Until Dawn. Will probably pick this up once early reviews come out and say whether or not the game is broken/needs massive patches.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2022, 03:24 PM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Really interested to hear/read feedback on this game.

Nothing something that I'm really into, but it sure looks/sounds entertaining.

May wait for price drop before purchasing.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-11-2022, 12:29 AM   #7
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

I'm enjoying it so far. The pacing and tone of this game is more in line with Until Dawn. Only had 1 crash so far, PS5 version.
Old 06-12-2022, 10:21 PM   #8
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Game beat, took me about 12 hours. 3 people survived. Game had some funny parts to it. Graphically it is okay except for the water. For some reason the water just look weird. Couple of characters I hated, they were highly annoying. They did a good job though, it plays like all your typical slasher movies from the 1990s. I give it a 7 out of 10. Far as all of the games, I rank them as the following:

1. House of Ashes
2. Until Dawn
3. The Quarry
4. Man of Medan
5. Little Hope

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »