Home

Franchise Players - How do you franchise?

This is a discussion on Franchise Players - How do you franchise? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2022, 09:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Franchise Players - How do you franchise?

I know this has been discussed in other threads over the years, but I was wondering how everyone chooses to advance through seasons.

I used to be an “every pitch, every game” franchise player, but with y2y saves being removed that has made it much more difficult to finish multiple seasons.

So what do you all do to advance through multiple seasons during a cycle?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2022, 09:44 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise Players - How do you franchise?

I've set up a system for myself that, at least in my opinion, is the "best of both worlds". I have to intelligently roster build, I play plenty of games and develop attachments to players, and cycle for years.

My In-House play rules:
1. I play every 11th game, every pitch. This cycles my SP. In a 162 game year, I will see every SP three times, or 15 total games.

If I have a bad team, it's not particularly fun playing 15 games a year before I can possibly significantly upgrade it. So I'm forced to build.

2. I play every playoff game.

For me it gets the sweet spot. I get very used to my players and attached to them (in 10 years I may play over 100 games with certain guys). It forces me to build a team I enjoy playing with, but will also Sim well. Losing the playoffs is painful as it restarts the grind. I build rivalries and see league evolution. (I also do things like edit prospect ages and appearances to create a diverse and appropriately aged league, quality of life things).

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2022, 09:47 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Since I don't have crazy amounts of time I choose one side of the ball to play with quick counts on. Pitching or hitting. I usually choose hitting and it takes 15 min or so to finish games and I play all 162.

It also gives me very realistic standings which I love. I can focus on that one aspect of the team for the year. Although I suppose you can switch off every other game or something with hitting/pitching.
Old 03-24-2022, 09:49 PM   #4
Pro

sportomatic75's Arena

For me I pick my favorite team and make sure I play at least 1 game in every series. Eventually towards the end of season around August I sim through September and skip to the last week before postseason push to see which teams sneak in or get knocked out by simming slowly.

One thing MLB THE SHOW needs Desperately is Magic number to clinching postseason as well as countdown to postseason to hype it up. We need them to bring back the NEWSPAPER articles. If Madden can still do it in a specific section of Franchise menu, then SCEA can definitely do it better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2022, 10:18 PM   #5
Pro

Once I get sliders set I play once every sixth game to rotate through my starters and quick manage the rest. However I do jump in fairly frequently with quick manage to pitch key at bats and hit for key at bats in key situations

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2022, 10:25 PM   #6
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Every pitch of every inning of every game for me. I don’t get in a hurry to finish the season. I just play the games and enjoy everything. I usually do sin Spring Training though.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 03-24-2022, 10:27 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 4

I have a random wheel spinner that I use. There are 4 options, Regular game, Sim, quick sim, and Player lock. I thought about adding Retro, but I suck at that.
Old 03-24-2022, 10:47 PM   #8
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

I've developed my franchise strategy over the years and with much more time on my hands than last year I'm looking forward to getting back into it.

I do 30 team control. Prior to the franchise I set up the roster to have accurate equipment, stats, lineups, rotations for all 30 teams. Then I make note of who to send down so that it carries into the regular season.

Throughout the regular season I follow the same routine. 1. Player Lock with a star player/pitcher 2. Play 1 full random MLB game (aim for good pitching matchup or rivalry game) 3. Play the Mets game that day.
I think I will be adding playing a player lock with a top prospect as well.

This system allows me to play with the stars in the league, play with all 30 teams throughout season to feel how they are doing and have a hand in their season, and play all 162 with the Mets.

I handle all call ups and send downs, lineup/rotation tweaks and in season Free Agency. This year I will be leaving Injuries on to add some roster management for me and give me opportunities to trade, call up prospects and depth players rather than play with the same 26-man roster all season. I will also not control scouting for any team but will take note of draft picks.

I make little trades in the beginning of the year but during the trade deadline I will determine what teams are buyers and sellers and what players would be good trade targets for each team and play match maker.

For the playoffs I play every game of each series, but I alternate what team I control and see what happens.

Oh, and I have a spreadsheet to keep track of all of this I'll attach here (mainly so I don't play with the same player lock star/team too often)

That's my main franchise. I'll also be doing a Mets long term franchise to see what the future Mets could look like, and I may also tackle some random rebuilds on the side (I'm eyeballing the Mariners right now)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2022-03-24 224447.jpg (229.8 KB, 414 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »