Home

Five removed features MLB The Show needs to bring back

This is a discussion on Five removed features MLB The Show needs to bring back within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2022, 12:52 PM   #1
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23
Five removed features MLB The Show needs to bring back

I've been enjoying 22 a lot. It is a lot of fun by there are still some features that if they brought back in 23 would be great for the fans. Most of these will apply to Franchise mode as that's where I spend most my days. Some of these would be easy to add back into the game, some might be a bit more difficult.

5. Community Challenges - If you don't remember this DD feature, here's a description I found online. "Players will be able to freely toy and tinker with game situations and scenarios on the fly, whether that’s the inning, score, who’s on base, or where the ball is hit. These custom situations can be bundled with a creative set of goals and put forth as a challenge to the community, whether it’s to relive the past, change history, or dream of new possibilities." This was a feature a lot of DD players enjoyed creating their own game situations and sharing with others.

4. Online Franchise - This feature has been at the top of a lot of folks list since it was removed (believe in the 18 version.) It needs to return. And they can even give players playing in an online Franchise some stubs for playing so you can still link it to DD in some way since that's a true love for SSDS. I know they claimed it hurt the servers before and that's why it was removed. But I believe enough time has passed for servers to have been removed and it is time for another attempt.

3. Focus on player moral in Franchise mode - I believe player moral is still in the game. I say I believe because it isn't called to my attention. But when it first game in the game I was made aware of unhappy players and needed to try and address. SSDS would do well to look at the NBA 2K series as a way to best reintroduce this one to Franchise.

2. Ownership type features in Franchise - Franchise use to have some fun ownership type options in Franchise. I could set the prices of jerseys, hot dogs tickets, etc. I also could select promo for certain games and what the promos would be (bobble head night, jersey night, etc.) You could even select how the team would travel. (Plane or bus.) These features were super cool and add a lot to the Franchise experience. You can make these features option if you want but there is no reason they left.

1. Sounds of the Show - This is one of the top features ever in the show. They learned this one it wasn't featured in the first PS4 version. Fans demanded its return and they got it back. Now that there isn't a new system to add the game to, maybe they can get with MLB, Microsoft, Nintendo or whoever and figure out how to get the feature back. I'm not hopeful for its return, but this feature is going to be one folks will ask for a return on from now until it is back or we're told there is never going to be a SOTS again.

Honorable mention: Creating custom chats and yells. I remember this feature was so much fun to play with. I forgot it when I came up with the five or it would have been six. Adding it to the main post because it really needs to return. I want to be able to create "cheater" chants for Astros and those pop for PEDs. I want to have creative taunts the way I use to could.

These are 5 I could think of off the top of my head. What are yours? I'm sure I missed something you lost and miss.

Last edited by thescoop; 04-14-2022 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Added an honorable mention to the original list.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2022, 01:10 PM   #2
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Five removed features MLB The Show needs to bring back

Another one I forgot about and want back:

6. Ability to create and injuries for players - I remember a few years back I could assign players in the league an injury. This helped if I wanted to start the season with certain players having their real life injuries. Another feature that was removed with no good reason.
Old 04-10-2022, 01:15 PM   #3
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I really miss Sounds of the Show. I'd also add Year to Year saves on to this list.
Old 04-10-2022, 01:16 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

YOY SAVES

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-10-2022, 01:30 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

As Boog gets more commentary recorded, I look forward to them bring back some of the players names in the database they had to drop

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2022, 01:34 PM   #6
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoop
Another one I forgot about and want back:

6. Ability to create and injuries for players - I remember a few years back I could assign players in the league an injury. This helped if I wanted to start the season with certain players having their real life injuries. Another feature that was removed with no good reason.
This is still a thing I believe though I have not added, only removed an injury. Set injuries to manual and you should be able to do this from the injured list.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 04-10-2022, 01:46 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
This is still a thing I believe though I have not added, only removed an injury. Set injuries to manual and you should be able to do this from the injured list.
I can 100% confirm
in my franchise, Trevor Bauer earned a 254 day head fracture from Commissioner Caulferd. if something IRL justifies me removing that injury, I will.
also FWIW I don't play with 30 team control on to do these type Charles Bronson vigilante Deathwish style justices

A Work in Progress
Old 04-10-2022, 01:52 PM   #8
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Y2Y saves will always be number 1 for me. There is nothing more demoralizing than playing a game for a full year only to have to start completely over the next year. If no Y2Y saves is how The Show will be going forward, it is unlikely I purchase this game again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »