Home

General sliders questions/help

This is a discussion on General sliders questions/help within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2022, 01:12 PM   #1
Pro

Heyuimintojsus's Arena

OVR: 8
General sliders questions/help

So we are looking to get back into an OD with Revamped. We used J-Kits' sliders but after like the third season or so it started to get easy. I see the Earnit Dynasty, however uses 100/0 and that seems too hard.

How do the sliders generally work if someone can give insight? The lower the USER and higher the CPU make it harder - it would seem? I know I see some who say just moving one attribute 5 points up or down makes a huge difference, good or bad.

Can someone fill me in to what they think - like what certain numbers mean for certain attributes - Pass Accuracy, Run Block, Tackle etc just an examples?

Or thoughts on the sliders in this part of the forums?

Appreciate any input!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2022, 10:17 AM   #2
Rookie

Limasbravo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: General sliders questions/help

Maybe others will reply but I would say just spend time browsing different sliders. Go to the first post on them. I'd say the slider creators generally do I good job explaining them.

Like the ViatorLion10's sliders right below this. On the first post, it has stuff like:

Pass Coverage: 15/40
This slider acts more like the "reaction time" slider in Madden. Functions mainly to affect defender reactions while in zone coverage. Values were tested to highlight differences between players w/ varying zone coverage ratings.

Offensive Pass Interference: 100
Affects WR aggressiveness for attacking the ball while in the air. Leads to more aggressive catches and is a good counter to good pass coverage. Do not adjust value because it's difference from DPI affects man coverage effectiveness.
Old 04-13-2022, 11:47 AM   #3
Pro

Heyuimintojsus's Arena

OVR: 8

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I’ve been comparing his to about 3-4 others I see (JKits, Jarrod, JoshC). I see a lot are similar to JKits, so that’s why I wonder about what to go with since I didn’t want it to be easy just a couple years in. I thought about taking the ones you mentioned and just raising the CPU slider, but Idk what kind of effect it would have on things. Like the QB accuracy - what happens when that number is raised etc?
Old 08-03-2022, 12:23 PM   #4
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

OVR: 0

I think the best resource for understanding what the sliders actually do is matt10’s OS Community Slider thread by reading through the trials and findings from the hard work they put into it.

But I’m like you in that I’d like to see a general compilation of how the AI sliders and penalty sliders impact realism, difficulty, and player ratings all in one central location. Then from there you can customize the sliders according to your skill level and how you personally want the game to play.

I’ve done a lot of experimentation to tweak the game to my own liking, but I still have a long way to go. What I have concluded so far is that the User seems to always have an advantage over the CPU if you try to even the playing field and/or adjust the abilities in a way that gives more realistic animations. For me, someone who wants winning the Natty to be extremely difficult and needing a high-90s rated team to do so, my main focus becomes finding the perfect balance of putting the CPU at a big enough advantage for difficulty, while also making the ratings matter. JKits does a great job of focusing on this, but even his current slider set becomes rather beatable in the 2nd half of games when the User’s players get “hot” and the Fatigue issue which plagues this game takes hold.

I’m going to look through the threads again and try to jot down some findings and see if I can compile something. But it also takes a lot of experimentation in-game to create a sliding scale, so to speak.

Last edited by OBinKC; 08-03-2022 at 04:07 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »