Home

If you need CCs, This game is a mess.

This is a discussion on If you need CCs, This game is a mess. within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2022, 01:28 PM   #1
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
If you need CCs, This game is a mess.

I need to preface this all with saying that unbelievably I really do enjoy the game.That being said, I can honestly say I've never had to work harder at any game just to get it to function.

This is on PC and the other important piece of information is that these are experiences from having a lot of user created content. I've seen it said, and I also suppose the argument can be made that we shouldn't use as many community creations to alleviate these issues but for someone like me I would've never bought the game than.
If it says you can use 100 slots for CAWs, call me crazy, I believe you should be able to use 100 slots for CAWs. In wrestling terms I'm stuck in the late 90s. I routinely go back and watch old PPVs or RAW and Nitro. I honestly have never heard of three quarters of the default roster wrestlers. I really need community creations to get any enjoyment out of the game.

So with that out of the way here is everything that I've had go wrong and I will start with just basic functionality:

- Crashes. The game crashes a fair amount. The majority of crashes are benign unless you are in Universe. A lot of the universe crashes are catastrophic though. If you try and create too many tag teams at a time the game will crash and when it does it erases your universe. I figured out if I only create 2 at a time them exit and save universe then go back in and create 2 more etc I can avoid the crash. The other catastrophic universe crash happens if you try and edit participants in a match. I can't even edit a match at all without the game crashing and my universe getting erased.

- Freezes. I get more freezes than crashes but the good news is they have never affected my save file and they are fairly predictable. If I try to upload a CAW, unless I've just started the game, it freezes almost every time. Thats just one example bit I've become fairly familiar with what causes them and I can avoid mostly.

- So for the save erasing crashing issue I've learned to back up my steam save folder regularly and the freezes are annoying but livable. They lead me to my next point though, the loading times. They are abysmal. It takes 2-3 minutes just to start the game so when the freezing or crashes happen its not a quick restart. Then to get into edit custom superstar is another 2-3 minutes. Save the custom superstar another 2-3 minutes. Etc..... Loading a match is the worst. Single matches are about 2 minutes or so but a tag team 3 plus minutes. If you add a custom arena it's 6-8 minutes. I watched a video of a guy who had it take 10 minutes. The loading issue is what's making it the hardest for me to enjoy the game. But I still am lol.

- Saving stops working. At about 75 CAWs I started having this problem. If I edited a CAW and save him the CAW would dissappear. Anything else saved after that point wouldn't actually save. If you exit the game and reboot, the wrestler would reappear but anything done after that point would also revert. It seems like that would be an issue with custom images being at a limit but you can fix it by deleting unused images. I have gone a lot higher with the number of custom images then when it started happening but I just have to make sure that there aren't any unused images or it screws up.

- the CC CAW situation is a mess. You cant see what you've uploaded as the wrestlers dissappear from the user menus. Moves and attributes aren't all uploading with the CAW. Plenty of other issues and also browsing the CAWs is where I experience the most freezing.

- Universe. I haven't gotten very far as the inability to edit matches has made it harder for me to want to play. But just to get it to a point where I could start one was a feat. I constantly backed up my save file, change a few options, back up my save file, create a few tag teams, back up my save file, create a few more, back up my save file. You get the picture. I can get over having to create all the tag teams and having to make each custom show but you team that with constant crashes, tgat can be catastrophic, its not a good experience. I'm pretty dedicated though so I fought through all that to get to a point that I could start my universe. Then I find out I can't edit matches without it crashing.

As far as gameplay goes I really enjoy it. An issue I'd say I have is hit detection is pretty terrible and the biggest issue I have is when you Irish whip someone and they either fall over before they reach the corner or just stop. I'm sure those will get fixed though.

So after all that I'm still playing. I just really like the gameplay. I loved 2k19 and never even tried 2k20 with all that was wrong there so I guess I don't have the "at least it's better than 2k20" perspective.

The state this game is in for someone like me who is relying on community creations is really bad. I can appreciate the praise 2k22 is getting but if any of the people who are really enjoying it could see what I'm going through, it would be hard to not recognize there is way too many things that are really broken than should be acceptable.

Last edited by CujoMatty; 04-11-2022 at 01:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2022, 05:28 PM   #2
Pro

Don Jon's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: If you need CCs, This game is a mess.

I also am on PC. After seeing exactly what you described in regards to slowness/crashing, I had to give up my 50+ Ruthless Aggression arenas/caws. It’s been better in regards to crashing but man these load times are throwing me back to the ps2 days. It’s one min here, one min there, but it adds up to an annoying amount of wasted time. In myRise I’ve had times where it’s 1 min load into main menu, just to reply to a tweet, then a 2 min load into another area just to talk to someone, followed by a 3 min load into a match. It feels like I spend 1/2 of my total time seeing the loading screen.

In regards to universe, I saw the same crashing you mentioned when editing matches. It was very annoying but I have found a slight (non-perfect) workaround. I now edit all matches after starting the show. For some reason in the show I can edit with almost no crashes. But in the universe menu I crash every single time.

Hopefully 2K releases a patch asap to address these pain points
Old 04-11-2022, 07:01 PM   #3
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Jon
I also am on PC. After seeing exactly what you described in regards to slowness/crashing, I had to give up my 50+ Ruthless Aggression arenas/caws. It’s been better in regards to crashing but man these load times are throwing me back to the ps2 days. It’s one min here, one min there, but it adds up to an annoying amount of wasted time. In myRise I’ve had times where it’s 1 min load into main menu, just to reply to a tweet, then a 2 min load into another area just to talk to someone, followed by a 3 min load into a match. It feels like I spend 1/2 of my total time seeing the loading screen.

In regards to universe, I saw the same crashing you mentioned when editing matches. It was very annoying but I have found a slight (non-perfect) workaround. I now edit all matches after starting the show. For some reason in the show I can edit with almost no crashes. But in the universe menu I crash every single time.

Hopefully 2K releases a patch asap to address these pain points
Duuuuuuuude. You just made my day. I was able to edit my universe matches without a crash with your suggested work around. Thanks so much.
Old 04-11-2022, 07:31 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I agree with what you have mentioned. I'm enjoying it but some huge downfalls make starting a universe insanely time consuming. Lately I have being playing other games in my steam library while editing wrestlers in wwe 2k on my 2nd monitor. I'm stuck in the late/80' early 90's era and its crazy hard to find creators that make those wrestlers and when you find one something crashes or you hit a limit of some sorts. And god the load time is crazy high, I deleted all unused images and it took over 30 mins for it to delete them all. Doesnt matter how great your PC specs or what type of M.2 drive you have, its going to take its time no matter.

I'm actually going to take a break from the game cause yesterday I downloaded like 6 great CAW's and seen another that required showcase unlocks to download. So I headed over to showcase and made a lot of progress there to unlock some stuff and it crashed after I was two matches to finish it and guess what I lost all that progress and all the CAW's I just downloaded. It wouldn't be so bad if I wanted to play rey jr in showcase but i dont.

Also there is a tons of issues with the actually AI for me. I have changed and tested all kinds of different sliders and configuration, but it simple doesnt like a match. And if you adjust sliders to a somewhat kinda decent 1v1. They dont work in tag matches or the other types of matches. I really wish there was CPU logic or a option to simple remove moves form a moveset or have the option "none" on ALL options so the AI does not do them.
Old 04-11-2022, 08:48 PM   #5
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cattlekiller
I agree with what you have mentioned. I'm enjoying it but some huge downfalls make starting a universe insanely time consuming. Lately I have being playing other games in my steam library while editing wrestlers in wwe 2k on my 2nd monitor. I'm stuck in the late/80' early 90's era and its crazy hard to find creators that make those wrestlers and when you find one something crashes or you hit a limit of some sorts. And god the load time is crazy high, I deleted all unused images and it took over 30 mins for it to delete them all. Doesnt matter how great your PC specs or what type of M.2 drive you have, its going to take its time no matter.

I'm actually going to take a break from the game cause yesterday I downloaded like 6 great CAW's and seen another that required showcase unlocks to download. So I headed over to showcase and made a lot of progress there to unlock some stuff and it crashed after I was two matches to finish it and guess what I lost all that progress and all the CAW's I just downloaded. It wouldn't be so bad if I wanted to play rey jr in showcase but i dont.

Also there is a tons of issues with the actually AI for me. I have changed and tested all kinds of different sliders and configuration, but it simple doesnt like a match. And if you adjust sliders to a somewhat kinda decent 1v1. They dont work in tag matches or the other types of matches. I really wish there was CPU logic or a option to simple remove moves form a moveset or have the option "none" on ALL options so the AI does not do them.
I didn't mention all my AI issues as I wanted to spotlight the technical issues but ya I agree, there are some AI issues for sure. I've had more than a few times where the cpu will keep tagging each other over and over instantly in tag matches. I've also had the cpu stand in the corner outside.of the ring and take a DQ with no attempt to get back in a couple times as well. The last match I did last night the cpu kept doing the same long animated drawn out move over and over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2022, 06:28 AM   #6
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

I had a cpu cpu match I was watching where eventually the two wrestlers were just dancing in the ring and not moving. I took control of one of them and it instantly said the one I was controlling the winner lol. Still I’m having a blast with the game. More than I anticipated that I would.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »