Home

RTTS 22 thread

This is a discussion on RTTS 22 thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2022, 02:58 PM   #1
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0
RTTS 22 thread

Couldn't find a thread for this, so figured it probably deserves one even if it's not the most popular thread on here.

Just started mine, seems to be a lot of videos this year and talking heads, otherwise seems to be pretty similar. My power hitting SS has been drafted by the Yankees, so I could end up running into some of their top prospects.

One thing I have noticed, using regular swing and connecting well gets you a power boost but no contact boost usually, but hitting it badly gives you a negative contact adjustment. So if I keep just using regular swings, like I usually do, will I end up with a guy with big power but terrible contact? I really don't want to have to contact swing at things just to boost contact, surely power swing should be how to increase power?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2022, 06:28 PM   #2
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Re: RTTS 22 thread

50 games in and I'm enjoying it quitea lot, although I do see problems ahead. The progression system goes at about the right pace, but unfortunately again they've massively limited the amount of progression that's actually tied to gaemplay, so you can only go from level 30 to 50 for each attribute by in game progression, the rest is down to the silly COD style loadouts and perks.

It's a huge shame as I am really enjoying it, but after 50 games I'm already at 40 for speed and 41 for clutch, I'll be at the max before the end of the first season at this rate and have no more in game progression, which seems a huge waste. (same for off day training)

My player is having a whale of a time, while being absolutely hated by his manager. Twice I've been called into his office and asked, then told, to stop trying to steal bases all the time. I responded by going full on Randy Marsh and declaring "oh so you just don't want me to improve my all around game?!" which was fun. Not sure what happens next as I don't intend to stop stealing, despite my 9 success, 12 fail ratio at the moment. I assume this is why I am still in AA, as I am mashing the ball, but my defence is hilariously bad and my baserunning is that of a 12 year old who's been promised a dollar for every steal he gets
Old 04-12-2022, 03:49 AM   #3
Just started!

I have a player (filthy sparkplug) which I just unlocked silver for and equipping it drops my speed by 15. I was sitting at 58, not great but respectable and now it's dropped me to 43. I checked by equipping bronze and yep, my speed went back up. Is this a glitch/bug? Idiotic "feature"? Also can anyone that's gotten to gold or diamond verify if it goes back up (so I at least have hope) or if it goes down each time (so I can give up and re-download '20)?
Old 04-12-2022, 04:06 PM   #4
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

I think you unlock the 3 types of each loadout each time you go up a level, so you should be able to pick the speed option in silver like you did in bronze?

I just got a bit confused due to the not very good communication in game. All of a sudden it takes me out of series telling me I have to go back to the locker room because I've changed teams? News to me, I wonder who I've been traded to? Can't find any mention of me being traded, maybe I've been promoted to AAA? Nope, still in AA, no idea what's going on. Turns out I've been selected for the All Star game but the game just doesn't think this warrants telling me. Not great.

Have to say, I hate this loadout system. It seems like my play is pretty irrelevant, most of my ratings will come down to my choice of loadout, perks and equipment. So essentially stuff you buy with stubs and the cartoony COD loadout system. I think they need to go back to the drawing board on this one, just admit defeat that tying your DD ballplayer to Rtts was a stupid idea and return the mode to an actual RPG instead of a weird FPS style loadout swapping game.

My player is no longer a character on a journey, progressing int othe kind of ballplayer I want him to be. He's now just a generic nothing who can swap from day to day from being a speedy contact hitter one day to a big fat slugger the next, it makes no sense from a narrative point of view at all. Sure I can keep him as just one type (as I will) but they've shortened the game hugely if you do that, you'll now be maxed out in pretty much one season, maybe one and a half. It's a massive shame they've chosen to do this.
Old 04-13-2022, 07:46 PM   #5
Rookie

loungefly85's Arena

I’m glad I didn’t buy 22. I had some hope when they said they disinvested DD from RTTS, but I’m not about these ridiculous “loadouts”. They claimed they listened to feedback but obviously they didn’t. This is by far the worst progression system in any sports game. This is Call of Duty nonsense.

I’m sticking with 20 yet again this year, which sucks because The Show is the one game I was really excited for when I was fortunate (and lucky) enough to get a PS5 not long after launch.

As someone who doesn’t give a single flying you know what about online or fake little card packs, this game is far too ruined for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2022, 11:10 AM   #6
MVP

forme95's Arena

I havent really got in to RTTS yet this year. Have they changed any of the logic? I remember in past ones that they would trade away all good players and lineups and rotations where garbage outside of whatever league you were in. So if you were in AA they would have a pretty accurate amount of players and positions. If You looked at the AAA or MLB team they would have excessive amount of players in pitching lets say, and not enough to fill the infield or outfield. Weird set ups like that.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 04-14-2022, 11:34 AM   #7
Rookie

Eh-Red's Arena

OVR: 2

I prefer realism in my sports games so i like the new way they are doing the RTTS. Mind you the last version I tried was the 2018 version so this is all new to me. But I like how it as at least more realistic in that you can't bump every attribute up to 99. While that might not be for everybody, I like that factor.
Old 04-14-2022, 12:39 PM   #8
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eh-Red
I prefer realism in my sports games so i like the new way they are doing the RTTS. Mind you the last version I tried was the 2018 version so this is all new to me. But I like how it as at least more realistic in that you can't bump every attribute up to 99. While that might not be for everybody, I like that factor.
I have to agree with this. I like that your attributes adjust more on how you play, rather then throwing random point here and there and getting everything to 99. Hit bad against LHP, the attributes show it.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »