Home

Bullpen logic… ad nauseam

This is a discussion on Bullpen logic… ad nauseam within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2022, 02:40 PM   #1
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0
Bullpen logic… ad nauseam

I know this dead horse has been beaten and beaten over and over again. But the bullpen logic seems worse this year.

I just had zack godley my long reliever come in second on my team in innings pitched at 164. I simmed the whole season controlling the roster myself for test purposes, and he was never in the rotation and never started a game.

This should not be happening
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2022, 02:47 PM   #2
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Re: Bullpen logic… as nauseam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I know this dead horse has been beaten and beaten over and over again. But the bullpen logic seems worse this year.

I just had zack godley my long reliever come in second on my team in innings pitched at 164. I simmed the whole season controlling the roster myself for test purposes, and he was never in the rotation and never started a game.

Just curious. Doesn’t Godley have the stamina of a starting pitcher? Seems when I went thru the roster before I started my franchise a lot of relief pitchers had stamina in the 70s. I lowered them all. I wonder if that makes a difference.
Old 04-15-2022, 02:53 PM   #3
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626

Did he have any starts? Injury to Starter and he filled in any games?

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 04-15-2022, 02:59 PM   #4
Rookie

tytyboogie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Just curious. Doesn’t Godley have the stamina of a starting pitcher? Seems when I went thru the roster before I started my franchise a lot of relief pitchers had stamina in the 70s. I lowered them all. I wonder if that makes a difference.
Makes a huge difference. i go in and edit all of them.for every role. it wasnt touched again...same exact thing for like 7 years or so. But irs the slots that is also a huge factor. i carry 12 pitchers for all teams and make sure none of them are in the Lrp slots...and i put the pitcher that i want the cpu to use the least in setup slot #2..cuz they dont use that slot. they use mrp 1 and 2 and 3 more that way. it sucks. also the slider hook needs to be adjusted.
Old 04-15-2022, 03:00 PM   #5
Rookie

What’s happening is that they are bringing in the long reliever in the 5th-7th inning for some reason in tie or close games. It’s very bizarre. The middle relievers rarely get used by the cpu manager. I can’t figure out how to fix it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2022, 03:08 PM   #6
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Yes. He has stamina in the 70’s, hence while he is my long reliever. Your probably right that that is what is causing it. But this a logic issue. AI managers shouldn’t be making decisions based on stamina. Long relievers are supposed to be used when a starter gets shelled and is out by the 3rd or 4th inning. Almost like a bridge to your middle relieve or set ups. They are using long relievers in every situation
Old 04-15-2022, 03:10 PM   #7
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evtnj
What’s happening is that they are bringing in the long reliever in the 5th-7th inning for some reason in tie or close games. It’s very bizarre. The middle relievers rarely get used by the cpu manager. I can’t figure out how to fix it.
Yeah. My highest rated middle reliever, in my number one Middle Relief spot got 23 innings all year. My manager used lesser rated middle relievers all year for some reason. And it can’t be match up related because none of them are lefties. It’s weird.

Note: I carry 4 middle relievers, two set ups, a closer and one long reliever. Maybe if I drop down to 3 middle relievers instead he may use my best guy more. I’m going to keep testing
Old 04-15-2022, 04:17 PM   #8
Rookie

I’m going to try with long relief spot empty. Stinks but it’s a legacy issue they don’t seem to want to fix.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »