Home

canes21's Timing Hitting & Classic Pitching Sliders - MLB 22

This is a discussion on canes21's Timing Hitting & Classic Pitching Sliders - MLB 22 within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2022, 10:56 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
canes21's Timing Hitting & Classic Pitching Sliders - MLB 22

Hello all. I am here to share my set again. Like I've stated in the past, these sliders may be for you, they may not. No set out there is going to play well for everyone, I just hope a few out there can at least use mine as a base that they tune to their own liking.

My sliders always aim to look authentic and provide authentic end results as well. I want ratings to matter above all else and I want the game to look like the games I watch on TV everyday.

Both pitching and hitting are on Legend. As the title says, I use Timing and Classic as my hitting and pitching interfaces. I also personally use auto fielding and auto baserunning, but that's user preference. Camera angles are all user preference. I play on all the Broadcast angles, even when hitting, but use what you want.

Here are the sliders:

HUM/CPU
Contact - 9/4
Power - 6/5
Timing - 8/4
Foul Frequency - 0/0
Solid Hits - 4/3
Starter Stamina - 5/5
Reliever Stamina - 8/8
Pitcher Control - 6/6
Pitcher Consistency - 7/8
Strike Frequency - 4
Manager Hook - 4
Pickoffs - 6
Fastball Pitch Speed - 5
Offspeed Pitch Speed - 5
Fielding Errors Infield - 7
Fielding Errors Outfield - 6
Throwing Errors Infield - 8
Throwing Errors Outfield - 6
Fielder Run Speed - 1
Fielder Reaction - 1
Fielder Arm Strength Infield - 3
Fielder Arm Strength Outfield - 4
Baserunner Speed - 4
Baserunner Steal Ability - 8
Baserunner Steal Frequency - 5
Wind - 2
Gameplay Injury Frequency - 10
Simulator Injury Frequency - 5
Trade Frequency - 5

And some explanations:

Spoiler

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 05-01-2022 at 02:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2022, 10:26 AM   #2
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: canes21's Timing Hitting & Classic Pitching Sliders - MLB 22

These look good man! I actually used your set some last year myself and I really liked it. It’s cool to see a legend set on here too this year. I thought about using legend pitching as well. I’d love to see some gameplay of these

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-17-2022, 03:16 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
These look good man! I actually used your set some last year myself and I really liked it. It’s cool to see a legend set on here too this year. I thought about using legend pitching as well. I’d love to see some gameplay of these

Thanks. I'll see if I can get some stuff posted on here. I just started my franchise last night since I've got these in a good place and we finally got a roster update. First pitch of the season Albies went deep... and then I never plated another run and lost 2-1.

I started the game, but didn't finish it last night. Oddly enough, Albies went deep in the first AB of the game again and I was able to get another run across before the end of the 1st. I quit for the night tied at 2 in the 4th.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 04-17-2022, 07:37 PM   #4
Rookie

I gotta admit, this looks kinda interesting. I'm gonna load this up in a bit and give them a shot. Usually rock on HOF, but like how the sliders look overall with the timing and stuff swayed in favor on the human side on hitting which should help on Legend. Should be interesting. Will holla back in the thread later on with results.
Old 05-01-2022, 02:41 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

I am 20 games into my season with the Braves. Here's some stats.

Average .251
Runs/Game 5.25
Hits/Game 8.70
Doubles/Game 2.05
Triples 1 total
HR/Game 1.90
BB Earned/Game 2.85
Strikeouts/Game 9.7
Slugging .477
OBP .311

Fielding Pct. .982
ERA 4.24
Hits Allowed/Game 8.40
Runs Allowed/Game 4.20
HR Allowed/Game 1.25
BB Allowed/Game 2.3
Strikeouts/Game 7.05

I sit at 10-10 on the year. It's still early, but there are some obvious things to keep an eye to see if they need further tweaking.

HR's for the user. They're a bit high right now. Part of that is because in the last 5 games Dansby Swanson decided to hit 6 HR's, Eddie Rosario wanted to have a 3-HR game, and Matt Olson decided he was going to hit 4 HR's over 3 of those games. My team went from barely top 5 in HR's to 1st in the league after one weekend. I'll have to see if this is a trend that continues or if my team just got hot.

Walks for both the user and CPU. Both sides need to earn one more walk per game really. I've begun using quick counts and that's helped here, but the majority of the games were without quick counts and walk totals were low for those games. My pitching staff threw the least amount of walks until I went to quick counts, now they're about to drop out of the top 5.

Strikeouts for the CPU are slightly low. The Dodgers last series decided they didn't want to strikeout, but as a whole the CPU needs to strikeout about 1-1.5 more times per game to be in a great place.

Hits are high, but again, my lineup is hot right now and the Dodgers and my Braves decided to have a slugfest of a series to cap my first 20 games. The two teams combined for nearly 40 runs the first two games of the series before having a 4-1 final score in the finale.

I'm not tweaking anything for now since the season is so young. My team has been hot at the plate, so the numbers this early in the year will be a bit inflated. If they continue destroying the ball, then it may be a slider needs tweaking, but for now I think it's mostly just a hot start to the year. The reason I believe it's that is because the first two series my offense was inept, then they went home and now half my lineup has the hot symbol next to their name.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2022, 11:51 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

I'll tell you what. It will at least be another game before we see the offense cool down any, at least the overall offensive output. Adam Duvall was a 1 man show in the 21st game of the season. He belted two longballs into the crowd and drove in 10 runs all by himself in a routing of the Marlins. The Marlins trotted out some poor pitchers the entire night and Duvall was fortunate enough to get some very hittable pitches whenever he came up to bat. Atlanta scored 14 runs on the night, Duvall driving in 10 of them. He was the clear MVP of the night. The 10 RBI night moved him from 14 on the year through 20 games to 24 through 21 games and in sole first place in the NL in that category.

― Plato
Old 05-29-2022, 04:05 PM   #7
Rookie

How are you still liking these? Any changes you’ve made recently? I’ve been struggling to give up anything on HoF and I’m debating on taking the plunge to legend.. thanks for any info!

Old 05-30-2022, 05:11 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Still liking them well. Tons of variety. After my offense got hot, I scored no more than 3 runs per game the best 2 series.

I ended up restarting my franchise once Ridin released his new rosters, so I'll have to post some updates and stats from the new franchise, but the sliders continue to work for me at least.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »