Home

That’s it for me

This is a discussion on That’s it for me within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2022, 09:11 PM   #1
Rookie

Doyoueven85's Arena

OVR: 0
That’s it for me

I’ve played this game for 16 years. I’ve had a lot of fun. I’ve won a few championships, threw three no hitters, and I’ve had players win multiple awards. I’ve been a member of OS since 2011 when I had a different user name. I’ve learned a lot from people on this site and always looked forward to the camaraderie of individuals who enjoy baseball gaming as much as I used to. The Show is the only game I play, it’s actually the only game I’ve owned in a long time. But it’s time for me to put this down.

I’ve lost any and all enjoyment in this game and I’m not exactly sure how or when that happened. It’s not the game either. It’s just me. It’s this constant changing slider’s, levels, restarting my franchise repeatedly. It truly doesn’t make any sense. I’m not even really sure what it is I’m looking for. This has been taking place since 2020. Long gone seem to be the days of me just starting my franchise, changing pitch speed only, if that and playing the full season. I’m not sure what caused this but certainly it’s drained me of any enjoyment of the game. And it sucks.

I’ve had some great memories and teams and some of both I’d just rather forget. I wish you all luck this season and with your experience with the show!

Last edited by Doyoueven85; 05-04-2022 at 09:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2022, 09:25 PM   #2
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: That’s it for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyoueven85
I’ve played this game for 16 years. I’ve had a lot of fun. I’ve won a few championships, threw three no hitters, and I’ve had players win multiple awards. I’ve been a member of OS since 2011 when I had a different user name. I’ve learned a lot from people on this site and always looked forward to the camaraderie of individuals who enjoy baseball gaming as much as I used to. The Show is the only game I play, it’s actually the only game I’ve owned in a long time. But it’s time for me to put this down.

I’ve lost any and all enjoyment in this game and I’m not exactly sure how or when that happened. It’s not the game either. It’s just me. It’s this constant changing slider’s, levels, restarting my franchise repeatedly. It truly doesn’t make any sense. I’m not even really sure what it is I’m looking for. This has been taking place since 2020. Long gone seem to be the days of me just starting my franchise, changing pitch speed only, if that and playing the full season. I’m not sure what caused this but certainly it’s drained me of any enjoyment of the game.

I’ve had some great memories and teams and some of both I’d just rather forget. I wish you all luck this season and with your experience with the show!
Sounds like you've just outgrown the show or maybe even video games in general. It happens in many different aspects as we age. All good things come to an end. At least you have 16 years of memories.
Old 05-04-2022, 10:15 PM   #3
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyoueven85

I’ve lost any and all enjoyment in this game and I’m not exactly sure how or when that happened. It’s not the game either. It’s just me. It’s this constant changing slider’s, levels, restarting my franchise repeatedly. It truly doesn’t make any sense. I’m not even really sure what it is I’m looking for. This has been taking place since 2020. Long gone seem to be the days of me just starting my franchise, changing pitch speed only, if that and playing the full season. I’m not sure what caused this but certainly it’s drained me of any enjoyment of the game. And it sucks.

If you still want a baseball fix you should check out OOTP! Not as demanding as The Show and a great sim
Milwaukee Bucks
Vegas Golden Knights
Old 05-04-2022, 10:44 PM   #4
Rookie

This thing on sale yet?
Old 05-04-2022, 11:30 PM   #5
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

Take a year off. Maybe you’ll come back again refreshed.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2022, 11:51 PM   #6
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

You probably shouldn’t admit you had a different username as that’s against the rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 05-05-2022, 01:23 AM   #7
Pro

Herschie's Arena

If you happen to have an Xbox or PS2, Major League Baseball 2K5 is quite underrated and is most enjoyable. And hopefully you have an old CRT because it looks absolutely marvelous on one..

I hear you tho, I've been a Show guy for ten years and often wish there were other options. Even though I really like 22.
Old 05-05-2022, 02:26 AM   #8
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
You probably shouldn’t admit you had a different username as that’s against the rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You can request a name change, just has to be approved and done by whoever does those. I had mine changed years ago. Really want go again to match my PSN but just never get around to requesting it.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »