Home

MyCareer Next Gen Impressions and Questions

This is a discussion on MyCareer Next Gen Impressions and Questions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2022, 09:38 AM   #1
Rookie

Osiris1975's Arena

OVR: 0
MyCareer Next Gen Impressions and Questions

First off, let me say I love this game, I really do. I wasn't even a basketball fan before playing this, and now not only do I play it every day, but it's gotten me into the real thing, and I've been watching my local team (Celtics) in the playoffs and enjoying it.

I've been playing the first season of MyCareer and am doing really well, with a low-90s ovr 2-way playmaker point guard.

I've got a number of questions at this point in my season, which is just past the all-star break.

Early in the season, I made heavy use of pick-and-roll to set up dunk and layup drives to the basket. At some point, this stopped working as the defense seems to have adjusted. I adapted by instead passing to the player who set the pick as he crashed in, depending on what the defender did, and that would get me lots of assists. It seems like the defense has adapted again. Now I run into a wall of meat, and if I try to pass to the teammate who set the pick as before, it almost always gets intercepted.

Since then, my assists numbers are way down and I'm not sure how else to get assists. I've adapted by getting really good at 3 pointers and I routinely score 30 pts per game, but I miss being able to drive to the basket like I used to.

Any tips on how to get back to the rim would be great.

Second question, will I have the opportunity to go to another team in free agency? I did get the storyline about being traded, but I opted to stick with the Pistons who drafted me. I've turned the team around with my play but sometimes it feels like I'm carrying the team and its annoying sometimes.

Plus, the coach takes me out at the dumbest times sometimes, like when I'm carrying the team, we're winning, he takes me out and when I go back in we're losing.

Also, I have these quests to get a certain number of free-throws. As I'm maybe fouled once or twice a game, the quest is impossible. How are you supposed to complete these quests if you don't get fouled?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2022, 04:47 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: MyCareer Next Gen Impressions and Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris1975
First off, let me say I love this game, I really do. I wasn't even a basketball fan before playing this, and now not only do I play it every day, but it's gotten me into the real thing, and I've been watching my local team (Celtics) in the playoffs and enjoying it.

I've been playing the first season of MyCareer and am doing really well, with a low-90s ovr 2-way playmaker point guard.

I've got a number of questions at this point in my season, which is just past the all-star break.

Early in the season, I made heavy use of pick-and-roll to set up dunk and layup drives to the basket. At some point, this stopped working as the defense seems to have adjusted. I adapted by instead passing to the player who set the pick as he crashed in, depending on what the defender did, and that would get me lots of assists. It seems like the defense has adapted again. Now I run into a wall of meat, and if I try to pass to the teammate who set the pick as before, it almost always gets intercepted.

Since then, my assists numbers are way down and I'm not sure how else to get assists. I've adapted by getting really good at 3 pointers and I routinely score 30 pts per game, but I miss being able to drive to the basket like I used to.

Any tips on how to get back to the rim would be great.

Second question, will I have the opportunity to go to another team in free agency? I did get the storyline about being traded, but I opted to stick with the Pistons who drafted me. I've turned the team around with my play but sometimes it feels like I'm carrying the team and its annoying sometimes.

Plus, the coach takes me out at the dumbest times sometimes, like when I'm carrying the team, we're winning, he takes me out and when I go back in we're losing.

Also, I have these quests to get a certain number of free-throws. As I'm maybe fouled once or twice a game, the quest is impossible. How are you supposed to complete these quests if you don't get fouled?
Question one answer: The CPU A.I. adapts to everyone like that. They will lock you up. Your A.I. teammates won't help you. You have to keep trying and coming up with your own creative ways to score on the CPU. Higher levels will kill you (Hall of Fame). Pro is best but still learning you.

Question two answer: Yes you will be able to go to another team in free agency and yes your A.I. teammates won't help you and yes your coach doesn't like you early on and he doesn't care that you are carrying the team. He wants you on the bench at his time even if the team loses.

Question three answer about the quests: Some of them will be impossible to complete. Like making three pointers with a non-three point shooting build. Fouls are rare but you may complete the free throw quest by chance in a game.
Old 05-18-2022, 10:16 PM   #3
Rookie

MagicM's Arena

Next Gen MyCareer A.I. is really bad. You're playing a team of Kawhi Leonard's every game. I'm seriously thinking about going back to last gen, it's getting ridiculous out here for 2k.

And I thought NBA Live 19 A.I. defense in The One was tuff but this take the cake lol
Old 05-21-2022, 03:39 PM   #4
MVP

gausec's Arena

OVR: 13

I can't stand the integration of the city. I really just want a local play, and don't care about the extra frills.

Everyone went pro from the 2012 Kentucky team even the ball boy!
Old 05-22-2022, 07:42 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gausec
I can't stand the integration of the city. I really just want a local play, and don't care about the extra frills.
Yeah, that is really annoying. I totally agree but unfortunately there is so much of a young audience that just doesn't appreciate the new/old era of video games that they just think that's the way it should be.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »