Home

PGA Tour 2K21 or wait?

This is a discussion on PGA Tour 2K21 or wait? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2022, 10:03 AM   #1
Rookie

John_Elway's Arena

OVR: 8
PGA Tour 2K21 or wait?

I have a PS5, should I go ahead and buy PGA Tour 2K21 or should I wait for the new EA golf game? Or even wait for PGA Tour 2k22? It sounds like it might be awhile before there is a new golf game released so 2K21 might be best bet, but it is already kind of old. Any thoughts or recommendations would be apprecaited.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2022, 10:45 AM   #2
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: PGA Tour 2K21 or wait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Elway
I have a PS5, should I go ahead and buy PGA Tour 2K21 or should I wait for the new EA golf game? Or even wait for PGA Tour 2k22? It sounds like it might be awhile before there is a new golf game released so 2K21 might be best bet, but it is already kind of old. Any thoughts or recommendations would be apprecaited.
Depends on how desperate you are for golf at the moment!

PGA 2K21 can be found for less than $20...and in some cases, less than $15. Honestly, that's pretty good. There are thousands of courses to play, and you can even design your own courses if you want. Just know that the career mode is lacking, so the single player mode isn't going to keep your attention very long. However, there is TGC Tours, which is essentially a career mode that allows you to play against golfers on all other platforms.

At this stage, we only know that EA's game will be out in "Spring '23", and that 2K is planning on releasing PGA Tour 2K23 sometime before the end of March '23. So the new games are potentially still almost a full year away.

If you want golf now, PGA 2K21 is a solid option since it's pretty inexpensive and has a ton of content out there. Otherwise, you're waiting at least several more months for one of the newer games to come out in the best case scenario.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 05-24-2022 at 11:07 AM.
Old 05-24-2022, 11:20 AM   #3
Rookie

John_Elway's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
Depends on how desperate you are for golf at the moment!

PGA 2K21 can be found for less than $20...and in some cases, less than $15. Honestly, that's pretty good. There are thousands of courses to play, and you can even design your own courses if you want. Just know that the career mode is lacking, so the single player mode isn't going to keep your attention very long. However, there is TGC Tours, which is essentially a career mode that allows you to play against golfers on all other platforms.

At this stage, we only know that EA's game will be out in "Spring '23", and that 2K is planning on releasing PGA Tour 2K23 sometime before the end of March '23. So the new games are potentially still almost a full year away.

If you want golf now, PGA 2K21 is a solid option since it's pretty inexpensive and has a ton of content out there. Otherwise, you're waiting at least several more months for one of the newer games to come out in the best case scenario.
Thanks for the great feedback. Do you know if TGC Tours would be good for a novice player?
Old 05-24-2022, 11:27 AM   #4
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Elway
Thanks for the great feedback. Do you know if TGC Tours would be good for a novice player?
Yeah, I mean you might not wanna jump into it immediately. Perhaps play a few days, get acclimated to the gameplay, and practice in the game using the TGCT settings. Then join up whenever you feel comfortable. There are tons of competition levels, so you'll qualify and get placed into a flight that fits your game and you'll play against others at the same skill level.

There's also a TGCT "Beer League" flight which is more for fun. So if you wanted play in that league for a while to start, you could always do that and switch to the main tours after a bit.
Old 05-24-2022, 02:19 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 0

For $15-20, I say “why not”?

It’s probably at least several more months until a new 2k game. (Or more)

Might as well enjoy and practice!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2022, 07:07 PM   #6
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Since it seems 2k isn’t going to announce its next game any time soon go for it. Also a tip, the ps5 has a frame rate setting you can set to 60fps and that is the best possible option on the ps5 career mode as it’s issues, but a regular round of golf plays well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »