Home

Madden 23 Franchise Article by Gamespot

This is a discussion on Madden 23 Franchise Article by Gamespot within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2022, 12:00 PM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

I think the info about cap rollover is new, I know a lot of this was in the GameInformer article.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ma.../1100-6504117/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2022, 12:14 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Madden 23 Franchise Article by Gamespot

I'm interested in knowing if the CPU understands these player weights and traits exist and if it impacts their signings. Will a team sign a mentor on purpose to help speed up the progression of the LB they took in the draft the year prior, or will it all be coincidental?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 06-06-2022, 02:05 PM   #3
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

Glad to get cap rollover in the game. Curious if those contract offers are for FA only or also for resigning players. Still no mention of being able to extend contracts before their final year which is still one of the most frustrating things in franchise.

Pretty short article which probably sets expectations that there isn't much being done to the mode this year.
Old 06-06-2022, 03:19 PM   #4
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

I mean we kinda knew what to expect, last year was the year of franchise and it was mediocre at best, I expect another 3-4 year cycle before we any worthwhile franchise improvements. Being a franchise guy has been hard for the 15 years.
Old 06-06-2022, 03:34 PM   #5
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
I mean we kinda knew what to expect, last year was the year of franchise and it was mediocre at best, I expect another 3-4 year cycle before we any worthwhile franchise improvements. Being a franchise guy has been hard for the 15 years.
Player roles give roster building a much more needed boost so that you think twice about dumping a player just as soon as he starts to regress. Free agency has been a drag for so long and it's nice that it got some love. Scouting has been improved (hopefully the UI is overhauled as well) but it's a far cry from Madden 20 and 21 levels of franchise additions. As long as the changes are meaningful and work out of the box I think most franchise guys will be satisfied.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2022, 03:38 PM   #6
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I am similarly happy to see cap rollover make it in.

I would like to also see paired with this additional cap space the simple contract restructure make it into game, given we now have cap rollover and also all the talk about contract structure options. Those things seem to pair together, in my head at least.

Maybe we will have something close to modern economics in an NFL game yet.
Old 06-06-2022, 05:12 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I am similarly happy to see cap rollover make it in.

I would like to also see paired with this additional cap space the simple contract restructure make it into game, given we now have cap rollover and also all the talk about contract structure options. Those things seem to pair together, in my head at least.

Maybe we will have something close to modern economics in an NFL game yet.

I agree. I’d like to see the CPU make good use of this feature. There were mentions of the CPU being more aggressive using the trade block as well. I’d like to see rebuilding teams rolling cap space while stockpiling draft picks. Or on the other end seeing contending teams go for broke to win it all. These are all nice features but we need more dynamic team building from the CPU to keep franchises interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-06-2022, 06:10 PM   #8
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Thank goodness for a new method of contract negotiations. The old manner was just boring and tedious at this point. Not to mention infuriating when I win the Super Bowl and one of my top players "just isn't interested" in playing for me and I have no idea why.

And I know some people have scoffed at the scouting changes, the fact that scouts will report on position relevant stats fundamentally makes the scouting worth paying attention to. And more scouts means more granularity.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »