Home

Season In Game Overlays

This is a discussion on Season In Game Overlays within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2022, 10:30 AM   #1
Don Mattingly is God

bellz666's Arena

OVR: 13
Season In Game Overlays

Have the in-game overlays in Franchise/Season been removed quite a bit? I haven't seen the "upcoming schedule", "fastest pitch", "division standings" or other in game overlays through the first month of my season and I do play on Broadcast mode.

Obviously not a big deal, but it's something I've been wondering.

XBox Live GT: cRPGeezus

Playstation Network: IrreverentGamer

My Twitch Channel: cRPGeezus (Click me!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2022, 12:48 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Season In Game Overlays

I disagree it’s not a big deal it sucks. they also removed the score-by-innings overlay, they never show the SPs’ final line, and they never show the defensive alignment. Boooo.
Old 06-11-2022, 01:43 PM   #3
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
I disagree it’s not a big deal it sucks. they also removed the score-by-innings overlay, they never show the SPs’ final line, and they never show the defensive alignment. Boooo.
I’m in the same boat. Everything has become about getting games completed at a scorching pace. I don’t mind at all to sit down and play a game that takes an hour, or even longer. The broadcast setting now is basically what quick play used to be. You rarely even ever see the catcher throw the ball back to the pitcher anymore. I’d hate to even see what quick play is now. A baseball game isn’t meant to be finished in 15 minutes IMO.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 06-11-2022, 05:50 PM   #4
Pro

knich1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
I’m in the same boat. Everything has become about getting games completed at a scorching pace. I don’t mind at all to sit down and play a game that takes an hour, or even longer. The broadcast setting now is basically what quick play used to be. You rarely even ever see the catcher throw the ball back to the pitcher anymore. I’d hate to even see what quick play is now. A baseball game isn’t meant to be finished in 15 minutes IMO.
Unfortunately that's what mostly youth want today...instant results. Hence...MTO focus.

My only question why not leave the traditional game alone? Is it because of a lack or resources? Since SDS never comes to the forums anymore, which I predicted years ago would happen, we will never know.
Old 06-11-2022, 08:15 PM   #5
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by knich1
Unfortunately that's what mostly youth want today...instant results. Hence...MTO focus.

My only question why not leave the traditional game alone? Is it because of a lack or resources? Since SDS never comes to the forums anymore, which I predicted years ago would happen, we will never know.
Every game just feels so rushed now. I really miss the real time presentation. It gave you time to really soak everything in and feel like you were part of the game. Now everything feels like a highlight reel.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2022, 08:30 AM   #6
Don Mattingly is God

bellz666's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
Lol, ok I do agree. I really liked the immersion part of the game with all of the overlays. The pitcher's final line is one that I really enjoyed.

XBox Live GT: cRPGeezus

Playstation Network: IrreverentGamer

My Twitch Channel: cRPGeezus (Click me!)
Old 06-12-2022, 10:12 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

What gets me is Sounds of the Show. You get between 3- 7 seconds of songs. And that's IF a presentation doesn't override it.

Batter walk-up, song starts, overlay pops up (starting lineup), song stops.

Why can't the song keep playing the background?

It makes me think this was a limitation put on by the cross platform. Since platforms like the switch and such have been added, there had to be cuts to main game play.
Old 06-12-2022, 02:55 PM   #8
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

You sometimes see the standings and the box score if you don’t push any buttons for a while. But that would be nice to get that throughout the game.

You do see the standings in the scoreboard that runs across the bottom of the screen.

The only bad thing about the standings that I didn’t like was I wish they used the previous day’s standings. I sim all the games ahead of the game and I don’t look at the scores. When you are in a playoff chase or in a close division I don’t want to know ahead of time if they lose or win.

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »