Home

Playing 2k22 Without Badges

This is a discussion on Playing 2k22 Without Badges within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2022, 11:31 AM   #1
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Playing 2k22 Without Badges

Has anybody done this? If so I'm curious what your experience was like? Did it just the game for the better or worse? We're individual player ratings felt more or less?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2022, 11:53 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Playing 2k22 Without Badges

I haven't done it and I bet there are very few people that have. But I can almost guarantee it would be better. Back to NBA Live ways. Just pure basketball, is what we need.
Old 07-05-2022, 09:38 PM   #3
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zten11
I haven't done it and I bet there are very few people that have. But I can almost guarantee it would be better. Back to NBA Live ways. Just pure basketball, is what we need.
I'm doing it now and I like how it plays without the boosts.
Old 07-07-2022, 10:38 AM   #4
MVP

cdk10's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I'm doing it now and I like how it plays without the boosts.
What are the most notable things about gameplay that you're seeing?

Xbox - CK11
PS4 - The_One_CK
Old 07-07-2022, 11:46 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 0

Is there a way to remove badges for all players?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2022, 11:07 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
Is there a way to remove badges for all players?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Tried this. Definitely plays way better in my opinion. In default however hof user and cpu bricks almost every shot. Tried in superstar and i got the results i wanted. also i notice that FT starts missing. I guess shooting badges affects free throws as well.

The fastest way to release all badges is via quick edit. Thers a bug however that set shooter badge is nowhere in the quick edit menu.
Old 07-09-2022, 10:47 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaey
Tried this. Definitely plays way better in my opinion. In default however hof user and cpu bricks almost every shot. Tried in superstar and i got the results i wanted. also i notice that FT starts missing. I guess shooting badges affects free throws as well.

The fastest way to release all badges is via quick edit. Thers a bug however that set shooter badge is nowhere in the quick edit menu.
That in bold is a catch!! It's been 3 or 4 years that FTs are automatic and requires no skill or no timing or no anything and i HATE it as they still are the way the they are for years!

I hope that 2k makes it right for FTs with 2k23.
Old 07-09-2022, 12:11 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Has anybody done this? If so I'm curious what your experience was like? Did it just the game for the better or worse? We're individual player ratings felt more or less?
All you'd really be doing is removing half of the player ratings from the game. Pretty much every badge effect used to be part of the ratings 10-20 years ago. 3PT rating, Ball Handle, etc, used to account for 10 different things. The Badges are ultimately what separate players like Derek Fisher, Daniel Gibson, etc from being Stephen Curry.

The game is a little more complex than giving one player a 95 3PT/Handle and another 85 3PT/Handle.

The problem isn't the badges, it's how they're scaled. The ratings were accounting for too many things at once, which is why they needed to be split up.

Part of the problem is 2K doesn't explain their EXACT gameplay effects as every other modern game does (particularly in the role playing genre). Players should know that they're going from a 2% boost at Bronze (Minimal) to a 10-20% boost at Gold/HOF (Often gamebreaking). They keep players in the dark entirely for monetization purposes and consider the "mystery" a feature, not a bug.

Based on how some of them scale, the badges don't seem to have gone through any type of QA process. It's very likely that the designer came up w/ numbers that made sense in their head but far from it in actual practice. So it's kind of a damned if you do/don't scenario.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »