Home

My Biggest Gripes With NBA 2K22 Park Games

This is a discussion on My Biggest Gripes With NBA 2K22 Park Games within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2022, 12:35 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
My Biggest Gripes With NBA 2K22 Park Games

Any trip to the Park in NBA 2K22 to hoop with and against other people online...

Written By: Kevin Scott

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2022, 12:54 PM   #2
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: My Biggest Gripes With NBA 2K22 Park Games

Agreed.

I hope they flesh out the Old Gym next year, because I’m really not a big Park fan
Old 07-12-2022, 03:29 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

Dribble Gods.

Think of any NBA isolation you’ve seen, or pickup game you’ve played or seen, the park does not resemble that in the slightest. It’s an eye sore. It’s ugly basketball, they rarely let the actual dribble animation play out, they spam out of it everytime, the animations they pick are the ones that change direction the fastest because even if you react on time the latency won’t let your player react on time.

Shakedown2012 would do dribble tutorials showing combos with moves to break down opponents, half spins, crossovers, step backs.

Now you have tutorials with hundreds of thousands of views, showing you how to spam glitchy moves where you don’t even dribble the ball you just slide.

When I drop them off with my slashers or locks, they say I have no skill because I dunk.
Skill to them is running from one hash mark to the other hash mark, trying to catch you in latency or a stun animation. It’s nasty.

You’ll put Jordan and Booker on the cover, you would get cooked playing like Jordan or Booker on the park
Old 07-23-2022, 07:16 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixEverything2k
Dribble Gods.

Think of any NBA isolation you’ve seen, or pickup game you’ve played or seen, the park does not resemble that in the slightest. It’s an eye sore. It’s ugly basketball, they rarely let the actual dribble animation play out, they spam out of it everytime, the animations they pick are the ones that change direction the fastest because even if you react on time the latency won’t let your player react on time.

Shakedown2012 would do dribble tutorials showing combos with moves to break down opponents, half spins, crossovers, step backs.

Now you have tutorials with hundreds of thousands of views, showing you how to spam glitchy moves where you don’t even dribble the ball you just slide.

When I drop them off with my slashers or locks, they say I have no skill because I dunk.
Skill to them is running from one hash mark to the other hash mark, trying to catch you in latency or a stun animation. It’s nasty.

You’ll put Jordan and Booker on the cover, you would get cooked playing like Jordan or Booker on the park

That's why I still tell people to change their D. If people are gonna straight up iso, then good on 'em, but if they are gonna pick iso, put the two smalls on the ball and roller and put the center close enough to the corner to contest a 3 (esp off a pass if you make it one of those jumping double team passes) as well as step in and contest some lobs. It'll throw off their rhythm.

I got into some mic argument (in rec tho) about that, and he's like IF U TRAP BALL U LEAVE SOMEONE OPEN, but that's not true. There's rarely enough space to make a pass for a pick and pop and the closer defender can guard that, the guy in the corner is generally stationary (so, easy to plant your C there and still allow him to control the space he's supposed to control without being drawn out into chasing some 6 footer around.) If they oop maybe one of the wings can tap or, or the C can tap it, or if it gets to the C then, again, the other player who was trapping the ball can rotate to the corner fast enough to contest.

The lag is the number one reason I hate park. I'd mess w/ pro am 3s for sure, but the lag is bad enough that it's hard to icon pass, because it can't register two button presses so quickly.

But yea if dudes wanna iso you, isolate them. Make their team turn on them. Keep running your O and getting good looks + a few 3s and they will fail w/ 2s and turn overs. Not saying the best of the best can't handle that strategy, but if you put your big up there, he'd get cooked even more v high skill players. It's such a simple solution, it's surprising that more people don't run it. Bigs have large interception ranges, are fast enough when moving and not changing directions, why not put them on the corner guy who, at most, will prol move to the other corner or try to back cut you (can't back cut w/ a cushion.)

Not to mention, once you blitz someone and take the ball off them a few times, you can ease up if he tries to use it against you and all the pressure is still on ball handler, unless he just wants to try shooting over the top every time.

The worst outcome would be shoot, miss, rolling C reb, kicks to corner for open 3. That's not really preventable once dude gets the reb, but you'd think you'd be able to bump him. I dunno if bumping is the same on NG, but if you have SOME str you can really push people around, and having a guy on either side is really tough to break. Just keep trying to get the pick and the guy taking the pick closer and closer together then smother them.

-Smak
Old 07-23-2022, 10:09 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2
You haven't experienced the BS until you've played with a Dribble"Hog" and just watched him not pass the rock while getting locked up, all while blaming YOU somehow by making nonsensical remarks(whew that's a long sentence).

At cheese I'm trash. At basketball I'm great!

At cheese, I'm trash. At basketball, I'm great!

NCAAMadnet
BadGuy
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »