Home

Why Madden 22 Is On The Shelf For Good While Anticipating 23'

This is a discussion on Why Madden 22 Is On The Shelf For Good While Anticipating 23' within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2022, 01:27 PM   #1
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Why Madden 22 Is On The Shelf For Good While Anticipating 23'

Last night my 7 year old son and I were bonding over a game of Madden 22. We were playing co-op as the Buffalo Bills against the Chicago Bears using Super Bowl atmosphere.

With 10 seconds to go in the game, the game is tied. We kick a FG to go up 23-20. We kick the ball off and we tackle the returner at the 23 yard line. There is 6 seconds to go. Next play Justin Fields throws a Hail Mary down the middle of the field...keep in mind there haven't been any penalties called all game until...YEP you guessed it...all receivers and db's are together fighting to either catch or bat the ball down when part-time referee man throws the yellow flag for PI on the defense. You can smell the bull in the air...the stench was very strong. There is 1 second left and Chicago kiks a 59 yard FG to send the Super Bowl into OT!! That's great for the viewers I guess.

As the players go to mid-field for the coin toss, I already know what's about to happen...meanwhile smoke is beginning to come out of my sons ears. I don't want to tell him what i already know, so I just ride with it. If you guessed that Chicago won the coin toss and elected to receive...get ready to play Fast Money...they did!

We kick it off for a touchback. Chicago calls their offensive play, we call our defensive play. My son gets hype and is like "alright dad we have to stop em right here" and as bad as I wanted to tell him "son, we're not going to be able to stop them even if we wanted to", I chilled. The play was a stretch play to the right side to Khalil Herbert. We made the right call on defense because at the point of attack, we have 3 guys there to make the tackle...

...but in the words of Charlie Murphy (wrong, WRONG) Herbert goes into a one on one animation with one of the defenders, stiff arms him down, the other two can't make a play because of well...the animation and Herbert is off to the races. My son is the last line of defense and has the angle. He dives to tackle Herbert and he might as well have been invisible because Herbert ran right through him...literally! Touchdown Bears...Bears Win!!!

My son looks back at me and says "dad that's not fair...that's cheating." I looked back at him and said "no son, that's not cheating...that's Madden 22." I proceeded to uninstall that mofo! I kept my cool though because raging at 46 years old after taking a loss in Madden is not a good example for a 7 year old. So we just both went to bed.

Bring on Madden 23'!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2022, 02:12 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Why Madden 22 Is On The Shelf For Good While Anticipating 23'

After playing the Madden 23 beta I have not touched Madden 22, just can't do it. Madden 23 has spoiled me now and I may or may not play Madden 22 ever again at this point.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-13-2022, 03:16 PM   #3
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Although I put 22 on ice after the 23 too, since the next gen began(21 and 22) I personally haven't seen any super human cheating plays in hundreds of games played..

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-13-2022, 03:23 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Although I put 22 on ice after the 23 too, since the next gen began(21 and 22) I personally haven't seen any super human cheating plays in hundreds of games played..

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
I've only seen it a couple of times, in situations just like the OP describes. Thankfully it is the exception to the rule anymore though now.

Played the 23 beta about 50 hours btw and never saw that crap, not once

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-13-2022, 03:42 PM   #5
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I've only seen it a couple of times, in situations just like the OP describes. Thankfully it is the exception to the rule anymore though now.

Played the 23 beta about 50 hours btw and never saw that crap, not once
I'm not saying that this can't/won't happen in Madden 23; but what happened last night would be less likely for the simple fact that 2 man, 3 man, gang branch tackling is back. The fact that we had 3 guys there to tackle Herbert and weren't able to because of the 1 on 1 animation rendering the other two defenders useless won't/shouldn't be an issue in 23'. That alone changes so much for the better in Madden 23. I can't wait.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2022, 06:19 PM   #6
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

I always make a habit of putting the current game on the shelf by May so i can have a solid break before the new game. They don't change the game enough year over year for me to go straight from one into the next and that helps get me in the zone for more madden. It helps build some anticipation for me, especially in years like this where they're allergic to promoting the game during the summer.
Old 07-13-2022, 07:49 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

I too eagerly anticipate 23's release albeit different reason:
the day 23 releases is the same day I'll allow myself to finally purchase Madden 22, at a steeply reduced price, and all the patches said and done with.
good times await!

as for Madden 24, I might skip 23 altogether if EACF's draft class can be imported into Madden 24

if not, August 2023 I'll be ready to buy Madden 23

A Work in Progress
Old 07-13-2022, 08:54 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
I too eagerly anticipate 23's release albeit different reason:
the day 23 releases is the same day I'll allow myself to finally purchase Madden 22, at a steeply reduced price, and all the patches said and done with.
good times await!

as for Madden 24, I might skip 23 altogether if EACF's draft class can be imported into Madden 24

if not, August 2023 I'll be ready to buy Madden 23
I'm ready for some college football again....

Can't wait and hopefully the atmosphere and presentation takes a step up from Madden's.

TBH it doesn't matter if it's Madden 21, 22 or 23 when that college game drops all 3 of them will most likely get shelved LOL

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »