Home

Manage Mode (MoM)

This is a discussion on Manage Mode (MoM) within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2022, 09:48 AM   #1
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0
Manage Mode (MoM)

MLBTS 23
Manage mode (MoM) can be fun. For me, I like mom because I can get through seasons better. I broke my hand back in the day, so playing 162 games (I hate simming so I wont) for me is hard to complete a season. I can never play more then 1 game at a time. MoM allows me 2 to 3 games a day if I have the time.

Downsides to MoM. No rain delays. CPU team can take extra step lead on base. HUM cant. Can be played with 30T control or single team. No real difference other then cant control other teams.

Was told back in the day games are programmed on All-Star so thats what its set on. Also, Hum/CPU match sliders

I play cameras Dugout (I love the immersion from it) broadcast also plays really well.

Time 4sec (I want more quick thinking)

#??? Back of mind thought
#?? Closer to deciding
#? Strongly considering the change

Umpires personalized
Check swing appeal OFF

Human/CPU

Power 5

Timing 5

Foul Frequency 5

Solid Hits 5

Starter Stamina 3

Reliever Stamina 3

Pitch Control 5

Pitch Consistency 5

Strike Frequency 5

CPU Manager Hook 7

Fastball Pitch Speed 5

Offspeed Pitch Speed 5

Fielding Errors Infield 5

Fielding Errors Outfield 5

Throwing Errors Infield 5

Throwing Errors Outfield 5

Fielding Run Speed 5

Fielder Reaction 5

Arm Strength IF 4

Arm Strength OF 5

Baserunner Speed 5

Baserunner Steal Ability 5

Baserunner Steal Frequency 5

Wind 4 (Keeps temps more accurate to cities)

Game Injury 8

Sim Injury 6

Trade
Spring 5
April 3
May and June 4
July 5
Last week of July 6 (personal preference) I personally will stay at 5.
Rest of season and Off season 5

Bottom line to enjoy manage mode you have to watch the game, not the players.
I am not looking to mimic MLB moves or stats. Its a video game, it isnt real life. MLBTS is its own universe. I look to keep stats somewhat realistic, but do not compare them to RL MLB. Same with trades, signings and player usage.

A OSer made this comment in another post and I firmly believe it.
"My goal is to chase fun. Many focus on stats. That's not my intent so that is where I am"

I only use OOTB roster, or the end of April live update. I don't mess with changing ratings or moving players around. I don't care if a guys shoes are wrong or isn't wearing the correct batting gloves. At the end of seasons I'll add or delete positions if I feel I want to move a guy around. If it raises or lowers his rating, it is what it is.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)

Last edited by forme95; 06-24-2023 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Update
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2022, 10:11 AM   #2
MVP

forme95's Arena

Re: Manage Mode (MoM)

Season updates will be here

MLB23
Spring

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Last edited by forme95; 05-15-2023 at 08:18 AM.
Old 07-17-2022, 05:15 PM   #3
MVP

forme95's Arena

Actually considering moving contact to 6 with the hopes of team Era goes up and team ba go up but not crazy. Currently pitchers advantage. Era's are low and batting averages are down slightly.

Old 08-14-2022, 11:29 AM   #4
MVP

forme95's Arena

#1 in speed and can't steal no matter who it is, what count, who's pitching or who's catching. However cpu can take extra leads (hum cant) steal on any count, with any player, speed/steal does not matter, cpu always perfect timing and steal.

Update to OP steal freq 4

Last edited by forme95; 05-01-2023 at 01:22 PM. Reason: MLBTS22
Old 12-20-2022, 09:38 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Good thread. I think there may be 3 or 4 Manage only players in the world, but that's ok. I just got the ps5 and through spring training, thought things were looking pretty realistic. Then my team hit 27 homeruns in the first 7 games, including 9 in one game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2023, 12:56 PM   #6
MVP

forme95's Arena

Update in OP. Fielding reaction and speed to 4. Open up offense and hits.
Steal Frequency 4 hum team struggles to success Steal. Always a bad jump. This cuts stealing down overall.

Last edited by forme95; 03-11-2023 at 01:21 PM.
Old 03-30-2023, 10:05 AM   #7
Rookie

saucerset's Arena

I've been playing MoM a lot recently (as in last couple years) and I really enjoy it because my HUM hitting and pitching are horrible. I played the last couple games with TNK sliders but it still feels like I am managing a little league team against MLB all-stars. Got frustrated last night and bumped all the CPU hitting sliders down to zero and it seemed to be a more balanced game.

Do you use a slider set, and if so, which one have you found gives the best overall experience?
Old 03-30-2023, 03:17 PM   #8
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucerset
I've been playing MoM a lot recently (as in last couple years) and I really enjoy it because my HUM hitting and pitching are horrible. I played the last couple games with TNK sliders but it still feels like I am managing a little league team against MLB all-stars. Got frustrated last night and bumped all the CPU hitting sliders down to zero and it seemed to be a more balanced game.

Do you use a slider set, and if so, which one have you found gives the best overall experience?
I use my sliders. See OP. Ive used them From Spring Training into the regular season and I am in the beginning of July. Everything is playing great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »