Home

The Post with Petty/Skins

This is a discussion on The Post with Petty/Skins within the Sim Ballers League forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Online > Sim Ballers League
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2017, 05:04 PM   #1
Rookie

UravenzownU's Arena

OVR: 2
The Post with Petty/Skins

Where skins gives you his take on the happenings around the league

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2017, 05:06 PM   #2
Rookie

UravenzownU's Arena

Re: The Post with Petty/Skins

Good evening Denver and SBL fans...let's kick this season of SBL off with a look at our Denver Nuggets... but first let me introduce myself... im Skins, also known as, Petty_KneeGrow...the GM of your Denver Nuggets...throughout this season and many more, I'll be giving behind the scenes looks into our locker room and franchise... any rumors, lies, drama, or deals will come straight from the horse's mouth, so if it has anything to do with us (Nuggets) we're gonna put it out there for our fans....y'all need to know what's going on... Now that we have that out of the way, let's get down to business....

At the start of this season we had the 6th pick in the draft, so expectations were/are pretty high....there's no excuses all we needed to do was draft the right pieces and we should be in contention this season.... Well, our scouts and talent evaluators drafted a very impactful player in Russell Westbrook...the Walking Triple Double! Russell can do it all, take over a game when needed....but unfortunately for us, he was turnover prone and inconsistent.... he's a one of a kind talent but wasn't the difference maker we thought he'd be.... so, we contacted the Lakers organization and offered him to them.... LA is his home and they've coveted him for some time.... LA put Boogie Cousins on the table and we couldn't turn down the offer....

Not only did they offer Cousins, but they gave up a veteran point guard in Darren Collison...(a UCLA alumn) and Carl Landry... that's quite a bit of offense we got back in return for Russell, Patterson, and Tariq Black... they were important pieces to our organization, but now irreplaceable.... we've got great wing defenders and Collison isn't a scrub himself on defense.... so with one or two more moves to sure up our bench, we'll be back in position to contend... we're not finished ....not finished making moves or finished with our season...

When I talked to Boogie before the trade, he expressed to me how he wants to be in Denver as long as we want him there.... he's looking to win now and in the future ... and my goal as a GM is to surround him with the talent to make that happen... I owe that to him, myself, and most importantly....our fans... stay tuned we've got a great journey ahead of us... We're 0-2 without Boogie, and 1-1 with him...(should have been 2-0) so we're headed in the right direction ....

Let go NUGGETS!!!!!

Old 01-19-2017, 07:56 PM   #3
Rookie

UravenzownU's Arena

All isn't well in Denver!!! After 2 straight heart breaking losses, Cousins seems to be back to his old ways... Clearly frustrated by the lack of effort on the boards against Detroit and the team not being able to hold onto the ball....giving the ball up 13 times...and being blocked a staggering 8 times... The game got really ugly early...with the Pistons leading the game from start to finish... leading by as much as 35 points at one point in the game... Denver just couldn't seem to get any offense going...missing shot after shot...and being **** down in the paint time and time again... it was a brutal game to watch as the Pistons flew in for dunk after dunk...most off turnovers...

We're clearly gonna have to address some issues on this team... I feel as if we have what it takes to win, we just need that interior defense...and some rebounding... the league has evolved into screen, screen, screen and more screen league....until you get an open shot .... I'm on my stubborn old man ish, like Phil Jackson is about his precious Triangle! I'm not ready to move in that direction.... We'll see where we go from here....

I know a lot of reports are circulating about Cousins not playing in the 4th last game... he was upset at how the game was going....and he didn't see any chance of a comeback so he didn't see a point in risking injury.... Coach Malone felt the same way...and let Boogie know that he wasn't going to enter the game again... it's not a big deal so don't think that there's any animosity between Boogie and Malone.... With that being said, let's look forward to pushing this season back in the right direction....

Me and the team are gonna get on the team plane....and make a trip to unwind while we have a couple days off... A couple guys suggested we get some paint ball equipment....to prepare us for a few of the upcoming games... it gets pretty competitive...just like SBL... Thank you guys for your time.... AND...
Old 01-20-2017, 04:57 PM   #4
Rookie

UravenzownU's Arena

Da Real Denver Post!!!

Hello again Denver Nugget and SBL fans.... I'm coming from the Nuggets' locker room after a heart breaking loss at home to the Brooklyn Nets.... The game was beyond epic, I don't even know where to begin! The game was there for the taking, but the wrong team took it...we've gotta take care of the ball better than we have these first few games of the season...4 count em 4 critical turnovers in the last minute is the reason we're in here frustrated instead of celebrating.... in a span of 2:02 we let a game that we had in the palm of our hands, slip away....and now we're sitting here at 1-6! We've gotta close out the games that we're supposed to, and hope to win the ones we're not... we're doing neither at this point....

If I opened up the box score and saw that the Nets were 7/22 from 3....with 8 steals and 2 blocks... you'd think the game was a blow out or an easy victory.... but it wasn't .... we lost by 1 point, in the closing seconds...because we couldn't take care of the ball... We didn't have a huge scoring output from Boogie, because he got help by way of 19 made free throws.... we've got some soul searching to do in the upcoming days...the way we're losing games is unacceptable....

COLLISON ON THE CRUCIAL TURNOVERS!
I messed up....that's it, I messed up... Coach trusted me to get the job done and secure a win for us, and I messed up. This one is on me... I was brought here to lead this team and run the offense and I failed.... I've gotta do better... We as a team have to do better.... This is one game, at the end of the season we probably won't even remember it... I'm gonna go to practice, and get ready for our next opponent... that's what matters right now... we still have a season to play, we still have playoff dreams!

Trade Rumors?

I've had my ear to the streets, and what I've been hearing is....Iguodala may be on his way out of Denver... Speaking from an anonymous source....he could be shipped out as soon as this afternoon.... an undisclosed team is very interested barring he can pass his physical... the GM of that franchise wants to make sure his speed and lateral quickness is still there before they pull the trigger on anything... As soon as it's confirmed, we'll have more on this story....

Old 01-26-2017, 10:01 PM   #5
Rookie

UravenzownU's Arena

Nuggets' GM Petty_KneeGrow has been rather quiet over the last few days, he took a leave of absence after his wife to be gave birth Monday to a healthy baby boy... Aiden Isaiah (I wonder if his gamer tag will be Lil_KneeGrow)

Sources were telling me before the leave of absence, that the Nuggets were in negotiations to send Iggy to a contending team. The team, which will remain nameless....wanted to make sure Iggy was healthy enough to make it through the grueling SBL season.... unfortunately it looks like Iggy didn't meet the requirements of that team....

Looking to shake things up, and save their season....Denver has found a different direction to go in... Pending league approval of course... They reached out to the Sacramento Kings, who've been no strangers to dealing players.... about a trio of aging SBL/NBA players... Deron Williams, Al Jefferson, and Gallinari.... the initial deal wasn't enough for Sacramento to part ways with these guys. Sources say that Iggy was the core piece in the first offer (Sacramento wasn't the unnamed team from earlier deal) but the Kings wanted a little more. After a few counter offers, Denver decided to part ways with their highly coveted wing, Batum and Jarred Bayless... adding Amir Johnson and Brian Roberts to the deal, the Kings felt like it was an offer they couldn't refuse... We shall see if this move swings either team's season/momentum in the right direction....

We sat down with Petty_KneeGrow for a few questions about the pending deal..

"I'm full of so much joy at this time! Not because of the deal, but because my sone was born and my fiancé hopefully will stop all the fussing she's been doing here lately"!! I'm joking, I love you babe" I know y'all wanna talk SBL tho, let's have at it....

"WHAT BROUGHT ABOUT THIS TRADE WITH SACRAMENTO"

Well, Batum was supposed to be one of our core guys...almost untouchable. We had a few lackluster offers for him which was one of the main reasons we never put it out there that he was "On The Block". And after our fans had to witness a meltdown against the Nets, I decided it's time for a change...we need to go in a different direction...

"WHY BATUM THOUGH, WASN'T A DEAL IN PLACE TO MOVE IGGY, AND KEEP BATUM"

Yes, we had fielded a few calls for Iggy, and he was aware of those talks...he knows that this is a business and our team wasn't performing they way I envisioned... he wasn't upset or anything.... But to answer the question the offer that was proposed for Iggy fell through because of lack of communication....which kinda means, the other team wasn't as interested in dealing as we were.... we are trying to save our season so the sense of urgency wasn't there as it was for us....which is why we had to take a different approach... Batum is a great player and all...but we had to do what we had to do...

"HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE PLAYERS COMING INTO DENVER"

I'm thrilled to have these guys joining my organization! Where do I begin? Deron, he isn't the player he once was....but he's still got the playmaking ability that can get a team over the hump...he's a true point guard... not old...seasoned! Gallinari, this is a guy that I've wanted back in Denver for a while....it's almost like a homecoming of sort... his shooting ability should help us out a whole lot...that's sort of what this team's been missing! A knockdown shooter...not to mention he has a nice handle for a guy his size.... And Big Al, I'm looking to take it back to the old school basketball days with he and Boogie in the post....that traditional look...2 big lineup... This could be the move that gets us into the playoffs and championship contention....

Now if you guys will excuse me, I have a newborn and fiancé I have to get to...or I'll never get back from this leave of absence I'm currently on... Lance Thomas is no longer on the block either....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2017, 12:20 PM   #6
Rookie

UravenzownU's Arena

Nuggets/Kings Trade DENIED!

It was reported earlier this week that Denver was working feverishly to get a deal done to help turn around their season... And GM Petty_KneeGrow, did just that. He had a deal in place to send Batum, a max dollar wing...who can give you energy on the defensive side of the ball, and who can step up and get you buckets when needed on offense. Batum would have been paired with the likes of D-12 Dwight Howard and the high flying, rim rattling, athletic phenom Zach Lavine...

Sacramento, in the early stages of the season, looks like a lottery team...but with this acquisition....could have something to build around for the future... They have a force in the middle, who can block shots, rebound, and control the paint with the best of em Dwight Howard, they have their athletic wing, who can defend and shut down opposing team's best scorer...AND he's a playmaker....I'm talking about Nicholas Batum, and Lavine... Zach Lavine.... 6'5 with a handle.... and a jumpshot... super athletic... Slam Dunk champion... Sacramento would be set up for years to come... they'd be equipped to compete!

Sacramento would be going towards the youth movement... but it's not about the Kings, so I've been told from my sources.... Admins were heard in different conversations talking about how the trade couldn't and shouldn't go down. The trade helps both teams.... I think the league wants Denver to fail...

Look at how the Nuggets are currently constructed... They have multiple wing defenders... the quote on quote 3 and D guys... The Nuggets have the opportunity to unload a couple of those guys and build a team that can make a push all the way to the Finals, and possibly win... Batum is no scrub! Amir Johnson is a rebounding force... and Jarred Bayless can put up buckets on anybody....

The trade is clearly a win now move for Denver ... the ONLY superstar (keeper) they have is.... Boogie Cousins! They'd be bringing in older players in Al Jefferson, Deron Williams, but would get Wiltjer...a promising young stretch... who had a helluva collegiate career... From what I'm told, Denver wants him to be "The Man" beside Boogie for the future.... That remains to be seen...

A source close to the situation said that the League feels that getting Gallinari in the deal WITH the two aging players in Williams and Jefferson is just way too much fire power to bring in for the Nuggets... the quote was "The Nuggets are getting 3 @ucking players in exchange for 1 and 1/2 scrubs" "Not on my watch"

Season after season, Denver has taken so many lumps and bruises....they've been the league punching bag it seems... They THOUGHT they finally had a deal in place to take the league by storm....only for the league to say, "Not so fast my friend".... When the new broke that the trade was vetoed, Petty_KneeGrow went ballistic on a local reporter

As quoted by GM Petty_KneeGrow

"Are you @ucking kidding me... ? We're in a league where scrubs and free agent unwanted players can be packaged together for valuable assets, but I can't trade a star like Batum for aging players... ? I've yet to see a trade vetoed by the league, but here I am...making a season changing deal and it's blocked....it's plain to see...the want the Nuggets to be Nuggets of $hit instead of gold! Un@ucking believable!!"

I'm pretty sure we haven't heard the last of this story right here... we'll be sure to keep you updated as more details come to the light... Does the league really want Denver to keep losing...? Do they really want the Kings to remain cellar dwellers....? After it's all said and done....we may find out those answers and maybe more.... Be sure to stay tuned as this story unfolds and next time we take a look at the mid season power rankings and hope to get a sit down interview with one of the SBL GMs to get their thoughts on this season....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Online > Sim Ballers League »