Home

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 & 2 Impressions

This is a discussion on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 & 2 Impressions within the Skateboarding forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Skateboarding
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2020, 07:37 PM   #17
All Star

OVR: 0
Re: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 & 2 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
You touched on my only complaint so far. They should have made it so people could put challenges into user skate parks. It literally would mean endless playability.

I have almost 100% THPS1 now and am going to be disappointed when I've finished this game. User parks are cool but I'm not sure this is the kinda game I want to just skate around in. I need a game thats more realistic for that like Skate, Session, or Skater XL.

Never cared for skate at all. It's not even putting challenges into there parks I just want to beable to do 2 minute runs in user parks. Outside of Tony hawk 4 Tony hawk games are pretty easy and short. Tony hawk 4 was really hard too me s long time to beat. It's just so much fun to do runs and try to up your score. I have put so many hours into Tony hawk games just doing that and it would be great to just beable to do runs in created parks instead of just free skate. I hope they add that in a update.
Old 09-05-2020, 11:08 PM   #18
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

This game is F***** AMAZING. GOTY for me what a total surprise. I can play this game forever. I actually woke up today wanting to play this game which hasn't happened for any game in a while
Old 09-05-2020, 11:09 PM   #19
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
All you need to know is that if you like Tony Hawk games this is a 10/10. Everything feels just right. So much so that I was trying to hit the pause button where it would have been on a ps2 controller. Played for about 5 hours and i was sucked in the whole time. If I had a complaint is that the soundtrack isn't quite loud enough or it's not mixed very well. Maybe an audio settings issue.

I managed to 100% THPS2. Everything was where it should be. It was slightly easier because the draw distance was a lot better than the ps1 days. To make up for it, grabbing icons seems like it's alot more rigid. Several times you'll swear you got it but just barely miss it.

I got worried when I saw that there's only 1 career for all skaters but then I realized all had their own separate goals to accomplish in levels with high scores and getting stats. Seems like it's gonna be a long game but in a good way.

Animated decks look awesome

Create a Skater is fine. My only complaint is that you don't have different builds. You can have a male body or female body. But the body builds are the same. Tall and thin.

I haven't touched the park editor yet but there's already some really good ones available to play.

There is a store but hopefully it doesn't go the crash team racing route and all microtransactions later on.

#fixmaddenfranchise
10/10 for me too. GOTY. Why wasnt this game made sooner!!
Old 09-06-2020, 12:06 AM   #20
MVP

Rondo is GOD's Arena

OVR: 23

I haven't touched custom parks yet personally. Didn't underground have at least the S,K,A,T,E challenge in park creator? That's disappointing to hear..

I am thoroughly enjoying create a skater and leveling up. Got my speed, vert and flip tricks maxed ouuut.

If this game leads to more skate or even more Tony Hawk remakes I will lose it
In this case the lasagna restaurant started selling candy to kids and that became the best revenue stream so they’ve let the lasagna get worse and focused on becoming a candy store. The problem is this restaurant bought the rights to make lasagna so if we want lasagna we can only go to this place.
Old 09-06-2020, 12:59 AM   #21
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Man, I suck at this game now.

Everything feels just a little faster, which I'm 1,000% sure is actually me just being a little slower on the sticks after 20 years. It's like I know the muscle memory is there for a lot of this stuff, I've just gotta get back into the rhythm of it.

They nailed the feel of the games though. The intro, the soundtrack, the menus, the environments...it takes you back instantly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2020, 01:51 AM   #22
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Man, I suck at this game now.

Everything feels just a little faster, which I'm 1,000% sure is actually me just being a little slower on the sticks after 20 years. It's like I know the muscle memory is there for a lot of this stuff, I've just gotta get back into the rhythm of it.

They nailed the feel of the games though. The intro, the soundtrack, the menus, the environments...it takes you back instantly.
It will come back to you. I thought the same but this game is perfect for a casual such as myself lol. Best money I spent in a game all year. I set the camera view to far and it worked wonders for me
Old 09-06-2020, 11:24 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

This game is everything I hoped it'd be and more.

My one concern/bummer is how all the traditional goals for each level can only be completed once (as opposed to each skater getting a chance to complete them all). I know there's tons of individual goals for each skater but I worry those won't feel quite the same.

I'm honestly having so much fun at this point that I'm worried I'm going to be through with the bulk of the experience within a week. THPS 1 is technically 86 percent done already. But we'll see, hopefully the individual goals and gaps keep me going. Just would have been nice to be able to do all the classic goals more than once (and outside of speed round).
Old 09-07-2020, 11:30 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well, I am loving it so far. I completed all of the goals for all of the levels, and all six comps are all gold with my own created skater. I also unlocked Rodney Mullen and Aori Nismimura's skate videos by collecting all of the stat points with these skaters. I also tried the online multiplayer of the game, most notably the Jam feature. The create-a-park feature was more complex than I thought, but it's still fun to mess around and try to experiment different things. As far as gameplay is concerned, it's almost perfect. One obvious adjustment we all have to make again is the massive difference between the default stats and maximum stats, it seems even more obvious than ever, especially when on flat ground. A couple of my downsides were 1) it's a Shame that you can only complete the level goals once. 2) the hairstyle options for the created skater are passable at best. On the flip side, I love the fact that they added way more decks, Grip Tape, trucks, and wheels than I can ever asked for. The expanded clothing options for the created skater was also a nice addition. As far as the challenges are concerned, I love them, it helps in keeping me busy. In the end, it was 100% worth the long wait considering that I played all of the mainline Tony Hawk games and I am actually pretty good at them.

PSN: kbracer2

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Skateboarding »