Home

YouTube to mp3.

This is a discussion on YouTube to mp3. within the Sounds Of The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2016, 07:33 PM   #1
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
YouTube to mp3.

Does anyone use this to create mp3 files? I've made a few to put into The Show and it seems almost too simple. Is the sound quality lowered or is there anything I should be concerned about when doing this? This seems like the best way to get custom music in MLB The Show. I messed around with it earlier today and will spend a lot more time with it tonight and tomorrow trying to get all my in-game menu music up and running as well as my walk up songs.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2016, 08:11 PM   #2
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: YouTube to mp3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Does anyone use this to create mp3 files? I've made a few to put into The Show and it seems almost too simple. Is the sound quality lowered or is there anything I should be concerned about when doing this? This seems like the best way to get custom music in MLB The Show. I messed around with it earlier today and will spend a lot more time with it tonight and tomorrow trying to get all my in-game menu music up and running as well as my walk up songs.
That's how we did it but unless you use some sort of music editor program the volumes will probably be all over the place. Do not use Audacity though the silence between tracks doesn't show up right. Try Goldwave it seems to work better.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:20 PM   #3
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
That's how we did it but unless you use some sort of music editor program the volumes will probably be all over the place. Do not use Audacity though the silence between tracks doesn't show up right. Try Goldwave it seems to work better.
Silence between tracks? I am fairly familiar with audacity but I'll look into Goldwave.

Streaming on Twitch
Old 03-25-2016, 08:45 PM   #4
MVP

crains13's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
I've used Audacity since 2009 for doing music for SOTS and never have had the problem with it not showing the silence between tracks.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:28 PM   #5
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

Here's how the tracks look on the ones I made with audacity. The ones Willard made and low light habit with other programs show up as three different tracks. I dunno if it matters it may just be cosmetic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1458889727170-1.jpg (194.9 KB, 159 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2016, 01:27 AM   #6
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Quote:
Here's how the tracks look on the ones I made with audacity. The ones Willard made and low light habit with other programs show up as three different tracks. I dunno if it matters it may just be cosmetic.
So you guys are putting three different tracks on the same "track" in order to have more songs. Smart. I didn't realize what you were trying to do or why you needed silence. I'm not really concerned with trying to get every single player's walk-up song. I just want all the Cubs and a lot of in-game music.

In audacity I always amplify the song but I still don't know where I can look to see that the songs will generally be the same volume.

Streaming on Twitch
Old 03-26-2016, 02:13 AM   #7
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
So you guys are putting three different tracks on the same "track" in order to have more songs. Smart. I didn't realize what you were trying to do or why you needed silence. I'm not really concerned with trying to get every single player's walk-up song. I just want all the Cubs and a lot of in-game music.

In audacity I always amplify the song but I still don't know where I can look to see that the songs will generally be the same volume.
If yIt looks like this in Audacity its too quiet.
">
If you make the wavy lines reach the top and the bottom. In game the volume will be perfect. Just match up all files like that.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:06 AM   #8
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Quote:
If yIt looks like this in Audacity its too quiet.
">
If you make the wavy lines reach the top and the bottom. In game the volume will be perfect. Just match up all files like that.
I gotcha. And I try to do that but sometimes it won't let me amplify the volume to that level. There's only so much you can amplify it before it has clipping.

Streaming on Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show »