Home

SotS and Roster Updates

This is a discussion on SotS and Roster Updates within the Sounds Of The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2016, 11:54 AM   #9
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: SotS and Roster Updates

I think it is too. A few times after starting the game ive gone into rosters to check walk-up music before loading my roster and it didnt work. I really hope it works for OSFM roster, but i havent done any walkups for any other team than my own just in case.
Old 03-31-2016, 02:32 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm also wondering how this is going to work. If you start up the game and go right to Sounds of the Show, and go to edit player walk-up music, none of them are automatically loaded. The team sounds ARE there, though. In order to get the player specific sounds to load, you actually have to physically load your roster file in game options data menu first. Then when you go to edit player sounds, they appear as you have assigned them.

The whole saving in general is a little confusing. Last night I added another team's player specific sounds (MN Twins), and I never physically went to save roster following my additions. I then restarted the game to see if they saved automatically. They weren't there when I first go to Sounds of the Show and player specific sounds (team sounds again are), but if I load my roster from data utility first, they were automatically added to that roster file along with my previous player specific sounds (Cubs), which I had physically went in and saved the roster for after adding the sounds.

In other words:

CUBS
-Added player sounds
-Saved roster manually
(Re-start game, player sounds don't show unless i physically load roster file)

TWINS
-Added player sounds
-Did not save roster manually
(Re-start game, player sounds don't show unless I physically load the roster file I made with my Cubs sounds. The Twins sounds have now been added to that same roster file without me doing so manually)

So how will this work when I have a second (or third) roster file?
Old 03-31-2016, 05:38 PM   #11
MVP

crains13's Arena

OVR: 23

Looks like SOTS are saved to the rosters.

This is from http://www.operationsports.com/forum...eview-ps4.html by MMChrisS.

"The big new addition here is the return of Sounds of the Show. Using it to import sounds was easy enough, as was assigning them to players and teams. Since you save player sounds to a roster, it looks like you will have to re-assign music each time a new roster is released. That small issue aside, it’s really nice to have this feature back."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 07:36 PM   #12
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by crains13
Looks like SOTS are saved to the rosters.

This is from http://www.operationsports.com/forum...eview-ps4.html by MMChrisS.

"The big new addition here is the return of Sounds of the Show. Using it to import sounds was easy enough, as was assigning them to players and teams. Since you save player sounds to a roster, it looks like you will have to re-assign music each time a new roster is released. That small issue aside, it’s really nice to have this feature back."
I can guarantee that I loaded a random roster from the vault last night and it already had my player sounds assigned. 100 percent sure.
Every time I set sounds I save my roster so maybe it has something to do with it.
Old 04-01-2016, 08:40 AM   #13
Pro

agentlaw13's Arena

OVR: 9
SotS and Roster Updates

Hmmm, I'm wondering the same as I don't want to put in the time now to edit all the players walkup music if I have to do it again after OSFM drops.

So if only I set my stadium sounds now and wait on assigning player music until OSFM is out, will the stadium sounds still play when I'm playing my franchise with OSFM rosters or would I have to assign those again as well?

Figuring I could put the time in on those now while we await the arrival of OSFM. I've done 2-3 teams (stadium and players) already just to test it out this year but I'm probably gonna hold up on doing anymore until we get a little more clarity on exactly how this will work.

Last edited by agentlaw13; 04-01-2016 at 08:42 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show »