Home

For those having Playlist Edit/Deleting Files crash issues (TEMPORARY fix)

This is a discussion on For those having Playlist Edit/Deleting Files crash issues (TEMPORARY fix) within the Sounds Of The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2016, 11:36 AM   #41
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: For those having Playlist Edit/Deleting Files crash issues (TEMPORARY fix)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13sharonj
Update: I had one bad file and I found it. Amazing that 781 files were fine but just having one that doesn't play nice causes a fatal error. Either way I'm happy after all the troubleshooting my issue is resolved best of luck to anyone else dealing with this issue.

The underlying reason for this from what I can tell is the fact that they never added a proper file management system that can bypass a bad file. It's there - it just crashes out when a bad file is present when it scans through them, thereby defeating the purpose of having a delete option more or less (unless you're just removing a working file for preference purposes).

With the PS3 having file management, I actually had plenty of files that were corrupted or wouldn't play or whatever. The game didn't have to work as hard to manage that. The file system in the game is just flawed in that they must have tested it with files that had consistent everything i.e. quality, metadata, rip source, etc. They didn't plan ahead for the sheer variety and deviation in quality that comes with people importing their own files.

The fix boils down to being able to make files removeable even when corrupted. You wouldn't have to reinstall that way. The only reason a reinstall is necessary is that there's no backup plan when the delete function crashes since the files aren't physically on the PS4 harddrive - it's basically all or nothing at that point until you find the culprit mp3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2016, 09:17 PM   #42
Rookie

FrankieGXIII's Arena

OVR: 0

does anyone know how to add the songs to the thumb drive on a mac? I'm trying it on an old pc right now and it's not working either. I've tried right clicking the links, dragging them into the folder, right clicking and opening them, and double clicking them. When i try to open them i get a new tab opened and at the bottom it says it's done loading but the page is blank. On the mac i can open a list of the music files in a new window but thy aren't playable or dragable. can anyone help me out?
Also i tried posting a new thread for this question but it wouldn't let me
Old 04-09-2016, 09:39 PM   #43
Rookie

FrankieGXIII's Arena

never mind, got it. wouldn't work with caveman technology
Old 04-10-2016, 01:08 AM   #44
Rookie

Burge88's Arena

I dont know which file is corrupt, is there an easy way to find it?

Last edited by Burge88; 04-10-2016 at 01:47 AM.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:59 AM   #45
Rookie

Burge88's Arena

Actually, new problem. It only reads 1 of my 123 songs now, used to have all but now it doesn't, any help with that???? I can now access jukebox now. All files are AAC files
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2016, 01:04 PM   #46
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burge88
Actually, new problem. It only reads 1 of my 123 songs now, used to have all but now it doesn't, any help with that???? I can now access jukebox now. All files are AAC files
All your files need to be MP3's
Old 04-10-2016, 11:21 PM   #47
Rookie

mgarc1125's Arena

So this is starting to get ridiculous. Today I converted all the mp3s I was trying to upload using media human converter. I double checked them in mp3 diags and it came back 100% clean with no corrupted files. Then I deleted and reinstalled the game and uploaded the new files. I got really excited at first because the game gave me a success message that all files were uploaded successfully and nothing about corrupt files like I was previously getting. Then as soon as I went to playlist creator the game crashed again.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:13 PM   #48
Pro

Arrowhead21's Arena

OVR: 1

Judging from the array of replies in this thread, I would say that there really is no guaranteed fix for this problem. Yet another crippling bug with this game. How unfortunate. I was so excited to finally get team specific broadcast sounds into the game.. UGH
NBA:Toronto Raptors
MLB:Toronto Blue Jays
NCAAF:Oregon Ducks
NCAAB:Kansas Jayhawks

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show »