Home

2016 Chicago Cubs SOTS

This is a discussion on 2016 Chicago Cubs SOTS within the Sounds Of The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2016, 11:33 PM   #17
Rookie

aparks87's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: 2016 Chicago Cubs SOTS

John Lackey - Friends in Low Places - Garth Brooks
Old 04-14-2016, 12:47 AM   #18
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I'm wondering how difficult it would be to get in contact with the person who runs the sound for the Cubs. I know on the surface it sounds like it might be extremely difficult but let me tell you guys a little story from a few years ago.

I've been a Blackhawks fan for over 20 years now. Long before they were actually good. It was about 8-10 years ago and I remember EA Sports NHL having the option to import custom music for goals, whistles, penalty kills, power plays, etc. It, like Sounds of The Show, was fantastic. The only problem was that many of the songs played on the organ at the United Center were nowhere to be found on the internet. There was a thread here at OS about Hawks songs played on the organ but no one had them. Specifically I wanted an organ song played after goals called, Here Come the Hawks.

So... I called the United Center. Someone answered and I explained exactly what I was looking for. Organ songs that were played at Hawks games. I told them it was for a video game. The woman on the phone took my cell phone and said she's talk to a couple people and see what she could do. I thought that would be the end of it and that's I'd never hear back from them. Oh, well. I tried... or so I thought.

A few days later I got a call from a number I did not recognize. I answered and it was none other than Frank Pellico, the organist for the Chicago Blackhawks. He asked what I was looking for and I told him. He said no problem and mailed me a CD of organ songs that he made including of course, his personal rendition of Here Come the Hawks. The lesson I learned there is to be bold and just ask people for what you want.

I think the same might apply here. I don't really know who to contact necessarily, but there has to be someone to contact to get a list of walk up songs, and other stadium sounds that would be used in key situations.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 04-14-2016, 01:23 AM   #19
MVP

Side Effect's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I'm wondering how difficult it would be to get in contact with the person who runs the sound for the Cubs. I know on the surface it sounds like it might be extremely difficult but let me tell you guys a little story from a few years ago.

I've been a Blackhawks fan for over 20 years now. Long before they were actually good. It was about 8-10 years ago and I remember EA Sports NHL having the option to import custom music for goals, whistles, penalty kills, power plays, etc. It, like Sounds of The Show, was fantastic. The only problem was that many of the songs played on the organ at the United Center were nowhere to be found on the internet. There was a thread here at OS about Hawks songs played on the organ but no one had them. Specifically I wanted an organ song played after goals called, Here Come the Hawks.

So... I called the United Center. Someone answered and I explained exactly what I was looking for. Organ songs that were played at Hawks games. I told them it was for a video game. The woman on the phone took my cell phone and said she's talk to a couple people and see what she could do. I thought that would be the end of it and that's I'd never hear back from them. Oh, well. I tried... or so I thought.

A few days later I got a call from a number I did not recognize. I answered and it was none other than Frank Pellico, the organist for the Chicago Blackhawks. He asked what I was looking for and I told him. He said no problem and mailed me a CD of organ songs that he made including of course, his personal rendition of Here Come the Hawks. The lesson I learned there is to be bold and just ask people for what you want.

I think the same might apply here. I don't really know who to contact necessarily, but there has to be someone to contact to get a list of walk up songs, and other stadium sounds that would be used in key situations.
Cool story man!

Googling and found this from last year where someone from Bleed Cubbie Blue got into contact with the Cubs Manager of Communications Kevin Saghy and sent him a complete list of Cubs intro music and start times: 2015 Cubs Walkup/Intro Music.
So I say start with Al Yellon or contact Saghy at his twitter?

Can always use some of the songs last year for those who we don't know yet.

Also, this link at Sports Mockery seems to confirm some of the songs we already have too.

Last edited by Side Effect; 04-14-2016 at 01:31 AM.
Old 04-14-2016, 01:45 AM   #20
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side Effect
Cool story man!

Googling and found this from last year where someone from Bleed Cubbie Blue got into contact with the Cubs Manager of Communications Kevin Saghy and sent him a complete list of Cubs intro music and start times: 2015 Cubs Walkup/Intro Music.
So I say start with Al Yellon or contact Saghy at his twitter?

Can always use some of the songs last year for those who we don't know yet.

Also, this link at Sports Mockery seems to confirm some of the songs we already have too.
I just contacted this guy. Waiting for a reply. If I hear anything I'll let you guys know.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 04-14-2016, 03:17 PM   #21
MVP

crains13's Arena

OVR: 23

Matt Sczur- Renegades by X Ambassadors
Jason Hammel- I'm Still Alive by Pearl Jam

Last edited by crains13; 04-14-2016 at 09:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2016, 09:07 PM   #22
MVP

lowlighthabit's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by crains13
Matt Sczur used Renegades by X Ambassadors last night as his walk-up song.
I have added him to my personal pack, as soon as I can get some more info I will make an update to the OS 2016 pack. Again, any inning music would be GREAT!
Old 04-14-2016, 09:13 PM   #23
MVP

lowlighthabit's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by crains13
Matt Sczur- Renegades by X Ambassadors
Jason Hammel- I'm Still Alive by Pearl Jam
Got Hammel too.

And it's just "Alive". Big Pearl Jam fan.

EDIT: What the heck. Here's a new Cubs pack including everything so far.

CHICAGO CUBS
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...GlJdTNYMlFOYTA

Last edited by lowlighthabit; 04-14-2016 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-14-2016, 09:15 PM   #24
MVP

crains13's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlighthabit
Got Hammel too.

And it's just "Alive". Big Pearl Jam fan.
Haha my bad, I didn't feel like Googling it. I was close though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show »