Home

Lowlighthabit & CujoMatty's OS 2018 SOTS Starter Packs

This is a discussion on Lowlighthabit & CujoMatty's OS 2018 SOTS Starter Packs within the Sounds Of The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2018, 01:05 AM   #41
Rookie

Cory4AU's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Lowlighthabit & CujoMatty's OS 2018 SOTS Starter Packs

Awesome job once again guys. Thanks for your hard work. You guys make the game that much more enjoyable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2018, 02:55 AM   #42
Rookie

Cory4AU's Arena

How do you guys recommend whittling down the files to fit all teams into the game? In total there are a little over 1500 files but the game can only hold 1024, correct?

Old 03-22-2018, 09:41 AM   #43
MVP

lowlighthabit's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory4AU
How do you guys recommend whittling down the files to fit all teams into the game? In total there are a little over 1500 files but the game can only hold 1024, correct?

Well, we're hoping that the developers have been watching these forums to see that there is a definite need to raise the cap level on player/stadium sounds as well as Cheers/Jeers. Last year, the only recommendation we had was to load only the teams you play during a season. For those that play multiple teams in both AL and NL... that is a different story. Also, last year we made a huge effort to get as many Minor League teams included. If we proceed again this year with this same effort, which I believe others and myself have every intention of trying again, that total number of 1500 files may increase to well over 2000.
For we personally, it hurts to have to pick and choose which files to load when I really just want to load every single one.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:43 PM   #44
MVP

lowlighthabit's Arena

Alrighty than... so in preparation for tomorrow I have added TV (and radio broadcast when available) intros to ALL teams. I even added a surprise one for the Nationals for that snazzy new uniform you fans are getting this year. Some won't be 100% accurate so future help getting the info would be great. I am hoping that we will be able to use them somehow with the new broadcast themes they are allowing us to edit this year. Don't know for sure how it will all play out in game and changes may come soon to it, but this should be a good start. I am done editing my packs for the starter edition so if you have not downloaded, you may begin now.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:59 PM   #45
Pro

BU1B22's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlighthabit
Alrighty than... so in preparation for tomorrow I have added TV (and radio broadcast when available) intros to ALL teams. I even added a surprise one for the Nationals for that snazzy new uniform you fans are getting this year. Some won't be 100% accurate so future help getting the info would be great. I am hoping that we will be able to use them somehow with the new broadcast themes they are allowing us to edit this year. Don't know for sure how it will all play out in game and changes may come soon to it, but this should be a good start. I am done editing my packs for the starter edition so if you have not downloaded, you may begin now.
Awesome start to the season!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2018, 07:37 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlighthabit
Yeah. Cheers/Jeers is around 360 or so I think. Much too low for what is needed.
Out of curiosity what sounds do you wish that you could put in that you don't have space for? You guys do a pretty extensive job with the space you're given.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:20 PM   #47
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Looks like everything other than setting each theme different is exactly the same.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:30 PM   #48
MVP

lowlighthabit's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
Out of curiosity what sounds do you wish that you could put in that you don't have space for? You guys do a pretty extensive job with the space you're given.
I would like to have all minor league walkups (when available). Additional sound fx are something I really enjoy... a plane flying over, a siren, a baby crying, distant thunder on a rainy game, kids laughing, etc. All the things you hear during actual baseball games. 360 something tracks is just not enough for I want.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show »