Home

Old 03-26-2018, 08:30 AM   #9
Rookie

Ranger Fan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 5gb limit

Its a frickin joke is what it is. Game is supposed to get better through the years not worse. How is this years better? Remove season mode. No rotating interleague schedules. No way to import a workable roster. SOTS screwed up. Graet job Sony. Hey its still the best non sim text game out there. Oh wait its the only one
Old 03-26-2018, 11:05 AM   #10
Rookie

richiesbx137's Arena

Personally it kind of sucks, I cannot put all the teams and in all the ballparks with the 5gb limit. Even with all the cuts I tried doing it still falls short what should I do to get it below. Should I took all the extra curricular sounds, etc.... Use only two teams and use a rotation process when I play the Yankees or Mets put music only on the players or something? Any suggestions.
Old 03-26-2018, 11:25 AM   #11
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by richiesbx137
Personally it kind of sucks, I cannot put all the teams and in all the ballparks with the 5gb limit. Even with all the cuts I tried doing it still falls short what should I do to get it below. Should I took all the extra curricular sounds, etc.... Use only two teams and use a rotation process when I play the Yankees or Mets put music only on the players or something? Any suggestions.
I’d wait till the regular season packs start rolling out opening day. We are working on a formula to cut a bunch of the songs down. Right now we follow a specific template on walk ups and pitcher entrances but are kinda willie nillie on the stadium sounds so I think we will make a template for stadium sounds which will cut a bunch of data. If we still are way over we have discussed cutting the walk ups down and the pitcher entrances down a bit too. I’m honestly not worried lowlights a smart guy and he’s always figuring stuff out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2018, 12:16 PM   #12
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I’d wait till the regular season packs start rolling out opening day. We are working on a formula to cut a bunch of the songs down. Right now we follow a specific template on walk ups and pitcher entrances but are kinda willie nillie on the stadium sounds so I think we will make a template for stadium sounds which will cut a bunch of data. If we still are way over we have discussed cutting the walk ups down and the pitcher entrances down a bit too. I’m honestly not worried lowlights a smart guy and he’s always figuring stuff out.
I would start with pitcher cuts, i always throw a few warm up pitches with my rp but doubt it would be more than a minute. are pitcher songs 2 or 3 minutes ?

I think its best i keep my opinion of what i think about using the space for online uses to myself, except that why am i not surprised.
Old 03-26-2018, 03:58 PM   #13
Rookie

I cut some songs and then compressed the rest. It's not ideal but with the stadium effect on the compression isn't all that noticeable.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:17 AM   #14
Rookie

steelersd26's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Fan
Its a frickin joke is what it is. Game is supposed to get better through the years not worse. How is this years better? Remove season mode. No rotating interleague schedules. No way to import a workable roster. SOTS screwed up. Graet job Sony. Hey its still the best non sim text game out there. Oh wait its the only one
The lack of rotating interleague schedules seems like a small detail that's left out, but it really takes the immersion out of my franchise when I'm playing the same interleague opponents every year while cycling "interleague rivals" with the other teams in my division, which NEVER happens in real life.
NBA: New York Knicks
NCAA: Tennessee Volunteers

Twitch:
http://www.twitch.tv/steelersd26

Follow my NCAA Football 22 Dynasty Here!
Old 03-27-2018, 04:17 PM   #15
MVP

lowlighthabit's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I just sent my ideas to you Matty. I am going to work on actual in game timing for full simulation and see how it all plays out in game. Once I get these new numbers I will compare to our current ideas of timing and make any changes. In the end I can see saving a lot of space cutting down some tracks from :45 to :20 or :30
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2018, 04:21 PM   #16
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_SDS
Sorry guys. Believe me, it wasn't by choice. We had to give up some of our hard fought space to online this year and we were unable to get more space approved from the Sony higher ups..
Atleast Steve mentioned why it was reduced. Not sure what constitutes "online" but I assume DD had something to do with that. Damn you DD!!!!!!!
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show »