Home

New Sounds of the show bug

This is a discussion on New Sounds of the show bug within the Sounds Of The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2018, 11:16 AM   #1
Pro

ARoid1313's Arena

OVR: 3
New Sounds of the show bug

Default stadium sound effects now play overtop any assigned custom track. Example you assign the real Yankees homerun song with siren, it plays but the default siren in the game will still play which fights with the custom version. Same with the strikeout whistle for the Yankees, as the default version plays overtop the authentic one I’ve assigned .

This used to be a bug years ago so something must have reintroduced it. Please fix if possible in the next patch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by ARoid1313; 04-04-2018 at 11:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2018, 12:04 PM   #2
Rookie

UNIT180's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Sounds of the show bug

The default siren is actually very accurate to real life...What I did I delayed the naughty by nature song by five seconds and added the chimes to it...Sounds perfect...So do the custom track with no siren and boom its perfect!
Old 04-04-2018, 12:25 PM   #3
Pro

ARoid1313's Arena

its personal preference and unfortunately its a bug. The pc richards whistle sounds horrible when compared to the authentic sound. They shouldnt play if you mapped custom sounds
Old 04-04-2018, 12:51 PM   #4
Pro

JustSteve's Arena

OVR: 4

FYI, it's not a bug and it's not new. It's a music cue. It replaces the shipping home run music with your home run music. What you're looking for is a sfx replacement which we don't currently support. It wouldn't be a bad idea for you guys to make a SOTS wish list for future enhancements. No promises but we would definitely look at your feedback and top requests.
Old 04-04-2018, 01:37 PM   #5
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

The overlapping sounds isn’t new either. It’s been like that since launch but fortunately it doesn’t happen that often and that’s probably why you didn’t notice it before. As for the homerun music I think we will have to make them with just the song. In the past we added home run horns or other stadium sounds for authenticity but now SDS has included a lot of them and they aren’t necessary and moreover actually make them sound crappy.

As for the other stadium sounds overlapping it’s because the slots for cheers jeers chants or yells are intended for just that purposely by SDS. If the sounds we included in the packs were just yells and things like that it wouldn’t sound bad if say someone yelled”cmon ump” and it overlapped the inning music. That is how SDS intended those slots be used. Lowlight and myself utilized those slots to further the authenticity and individuality of each stadium so for example Toronto plays the Day-o chant or the Adams family organ multiple times a game in real life so we added those as chants to add the authenticity to the stadium. Unfortunately if those overlap inning music or stolen base music etc it sounds terrible. What we need in the future hopefully is dedicated slots for user generated stadium sounds that won’t cue overlapping with anything else. I will start a wish list.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2018, 01:46 PM   #6
Pro

ARoid1313's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_SDS
FYI, it's not a bug and it's not new. It's a music cue. It replaces the shipping home run music with your home run music. What you're looking for is a sfx replacement which we don't currently support. It wouldn't be a bad idea for you guys to make a SOTS wish list for future enhancements. No promises but we would definitely look at your feedback and top requests.
thanks for the response
I swear I never had the default sfx stuff play last year when using custom HR & strikeout tracks but if this is the way it is designed then its a strange occurrence.
Perhaps the quick fix for this year would be to disable sfx if a custom track is assigned to that context.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:20 PM   #7
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_SDS
it wouldn't be a bad idea for you guys to make a SOTS wish list for future enhancements. No promises but we would definitely look at your feedback and top requests.
Please please please add slots for hitting and defensive lineups or for there to be a way to disable it , the music when they are displayed is far to loud so it would be great if we could set all our music to the same level.

Sounds for pitchers when they are on the mound, i have tested the last few years and chants and yells do not trigger while the pitcher is on the mound, they will somtimes play in the innings breack.

Bring back longer walk ups and inning breaks ect. so the best feature of the game can be utilized to its fullest. Would also love a full 7th innings stretch with some great shots of the crowd and ballpark.

Also great work on the last patch, i seem to be able to hear a lot more of the default crowd yells and sounds, whistles ect. .
Any chance that the default team chants sounds could be boosted, they are far to soft for crowd chants. I have posted some clips in the stadium volume thread to compare them with chants added via sots.

Thank you.
Old 04-13-2018, 10:23 PM   #8
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoid1313
thanks for the response
I swear I never had the default sfx stuff play last year when using custom HR & strikeout tracks but if this is the way it is designed then its a strange occurrence.
Perhaps the quick fix for this year would be to disable sfx if a custom track is assigned to that context.
I was messing around in 17, just to see if i was remembering correctly, even though it was only a few weeks ago since i played 17, to see if default sfx played when using sots.
I never heard any of the default sfx play in spots where i use sounds from sots, i only tried a few teams ,nyy, rangers and a few others. Wasn't sure what other teams would have sounds as i never hear them while playing them because i have always used sots.

I still hope this can be patched.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show »