Home

Random song bank.

This is a discussion on Random song bank. within the Sounds Of The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2018, 10:01 AM   #1
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Random song bank.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but this game really needs a slot that allows for a large bank of songs to be placed in it where it draws music out randomly and plays between innings. Stadiums rarely play the exact same song between every inning, all season long. Yes, I know some teams may play a song after a certain inning, but most play random songs between innings and while there's nothing going on. I remember NHL used to have this. It was called "off-ice songs." And I had probably 150-200 tracks that would play when the puck went over the glass, after offsides or icing, etc. It really added to the realism.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2018, 03:50 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Random song bank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Sorry if this has been mentioned before but this game really needs a slot that allows for a large bank of songs to be placed in it where it draws music out randomly and plays between innings. Stadiums rarely play the exact same song between every inning, all season long. Yes, I know some teams may play a song after a certain inning, but most play random songs between innings and while there's nothing going on. I remember NHL used to have this. It was called "off-ice songs." And I had probably 150-200 tracks that would play when the puck went over the glass, after offsides or icing, etc. It really added to the realism.
I agree. What I did to kind of change it up in my Mets Franchise was change out different between innings, Base hit music, etc. to each "Theme". So the MLB Network will have one set of music, Theme 2 (SNY Network) will have different music, and Theme 3 (ESPN) will have even different music as well.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:03 PM   #3
MVP

lowlighthabit's Arena

I would suggest doing what I do. Use random innings from random teams for each theme. The innings you know that do not change, you leave alone.
Old 04-21-2018, 10:52 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

OP is absolutely correct, Show 19 needs this!
Old 04-23-2018, 08:55 PM   #5
MVP

lowlighthabit's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Call it "Out-Of-Play" songs. Allow up to 9 - 12 songs to be played randomly during the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2018, 11:07 PM   #6
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

Yeah NHL 12, it had slots/a way to play random songs in break of plays.

Before i played The Show 13 NHL 12* was the only other game that when i tried putting audio into the game not only did it work but it worked so well that it greatly enhanced the base games presentation. I am not sure what other games had the option to import audio but i remember trying with NBA2K and fifa and having all sorts of issues with the sounds not sounding correct or slots just not working.

I am a bit fuzzy on how the audio for nhl 12 was setup but i still have all my folders and files i used, i have folders for pk,pp ect.
There is also a folder called offplay which would play a random song in breaks of play, i am not sure if there was a limit to how many songs we could put in those slots but i remember downloading and making hundreds and hundreds of my own 30 sec clips, many of which i have used for SoTS. This folder has over 1000 songs.

* Not sure if it worked correctly on the previous few versions as by this time i had become very discouraged with the direction sports game were heading with emphasis on online/ultimate team and was only purchasing the odd sports game instead of all yearly editions. Which was how i got into The Show, i had heard that online was less of a priority with the series, so i imported a version of 13 and it is now my most played game every year and besides the odd fifa the only sports game i now purchase.

Last edited by dazzelle; 05-04-2018 at 12:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show »