Home

Cheers, chants, yells

This is a discussion on Cheers, chants, yells within the Sounds Of The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2018, 04:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Cheers, chants, yells

What do you guys use for these? Your own voices on some of it or still sound bites from songs? Like the twins use the beginning of the song car wash in between pitches, is this the place to put a chant ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2018, 02:17 PM   #2
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Cheers, chants, yells

If you look at the SOTS packs we have included a ton of the unique stadium sounds as chants or sometimes yells. That car wash clap is used by Toronto as well and it is included in the SOTS downloads. Toronto also has the Adams family organ chant and the Day-o yell. Most teams have something unique that we’ve added.

The one downside is because the slots are intended for chants and yells they every once and awhile overlap with another sound but it happens very rarely.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:52 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 27

I can't use these for that reason. Everytime I have ever loaded chants, yells, cheers/jeers it never sounds right.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old 04-06-2018, 04:55 PM   #4
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
I can't use these for that reason. Everytime I have ever loaded chants, yells, cheers/jeers it never sounds right.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
One thing I personally do is I run them thru mp3 gain at 90 decibels before I add them. The regular sounds are 98 so at 90 they are a lot more subtle and “blend in” a little more for my liking. In fact it actually turned ou so well for me this year that it’s the first time I maxed out my chants and yells slots. I’m even adding in a bunch of random ones to the players.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:24 AM   #5
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
One thing I personally do is I run them thru mp3 gain at 90 decibels before I add them. The regular sounds are 98 so at 90 they are a lot more subtle and “blend in” a little more for my liking. In fact it actually turned ou so well for me this year that it’s the first time I maxed out my chants and yells slots. I’m even adding in a bunch of random ones to the players.
Yeah i have my yells between 90-92 db. I am always adjusting the volume of the yells and chants, if i have a sound i like but it doesn't sound right i adjust the volume up or down and re import it. Its hard getting yells and chants to all sound good at a set volume as they have come from many different sources over the years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2018, 02:18 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzelle
Yeah i have my yells between 90-92 db. I am always adjusting the volume of the yells and chants, if i have a sound i like but it doesn't sound right i adjust the volume up or down and re import it. Its hard getting yells and chants to all sound good at a set volume as they have come from many different sources over the years.
I just started tinkering with yells and chants. But I didn't see an option to set mp3 to a certain Mark? So do I need to manually make these mp3s like 4-5 seconds?
Old 04-09-2018, 11:55 AM   #7
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockdogg
I just started tinkering with yells and chants. But I didn't see an option to set mp3 to a certain Mark? So do I need to manually make these mp3s like 4-5 seconds?
Ya there isn't an option to do that.
Old 04-09-2018, 01:56 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Ya there isn't an option to do that.
Ok thanks. I did happen to see a youtube tutorial and will just use goldwave to edit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show »